Christian Olde Wolbers

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by slipknot229, Aug 21, 2001.

1. I was wondering what people think of him as a bass player. The distortion he gets out of his gear is awsome!!! he has some pretty dope-azz lines and he can really lay down the low-end.
  2. Lazy

May 30, 2001
    Vancouver BC
    I can't really hear him at all on any of their recordings so I can't really say anything about him!!
    My ears are dead so it's hard for me to hear the bass on alot of songs. PArticularly Metallica's "And Justice for All" and the Black Albumn!
  3. melvin

Apr 28, 2001
    Isnt that the dude from Fear Factory? I never know if its him or the guitarist playing since the guitar is a 7 string like tuned down like 2 or 3 steps.

But I do like FF as a band.
  4. I have played alot of their bass lines and like most of them, although they seem somewha identicle to the guitar lines, which i like. Personally i think Dino is a beter guitarist than Christian is a bassist.
  5. well, you obviously haven't LISTENED to his lines on DIGIMORTAL and OBSOLETE. Dino a better guitar player than Christian a bassist? This of course coming from someone who listens to blink182...:rolleyes:
  6. Ofcourse he rules, he's Dutch.. Doh ! :D
  7. I have listened to his lines on Digimortal and Obsolete, and I would have to say that they are very simplistic. I'm not calling him a bad bassist, because the basslines definitely go well with FF's music. But I would agree with blinkbass225 that Dino Cazeres is a better guitarist than Christian is a bassist. Have you ever tried to play Dino's guitar parts? Some of the chords he uses are unbelievable. The guy must have a rubber wrist. Anyway, that's just my honest opinion.
  8. ok,
    a) you guys are comparing apples to oranges (guitar to bass)

b) this is TALKBASS, not TALKGUITAR...

and dino plays mostly single-note riffs although he does play chords (which i might ad: a chord is two or more notes played simoultaniously(sp.) )

don't get me wrong, dino is an awsome guitar player, but i started this post about christian. also, christian plays the exact rhythms as raymond's double kick drum so HE has a "rubber wrist" also....

i do wish people would check their sources before opening their "mouths" :rolleyes:
  9. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Dude, 229, I don't mean to be mean or anything, but you're kinda laying down some unnessicary hostility here. So what if the guy listens to Blink182. You listen to FF. So, coming from Him, maybe you don't have room to talk. It's opinion. And I don't know about you, but I only A/B when I get kinda snarky...sounds like you're chewing the guys out for not agreeing with you (well, on my end anyway...)

That said, I dig him. I been into FF since I was flipping through channels, and caught them play EdgeCrusher on MTV's spring break 97 or whenever it was. Since then, I've been hooked on a few of their songs. Resurrection is still one of my favorite tunes, Fear Factory or not. He sorta mixes it up, sometimes he follows Dino to a T, others he follows Ray's drums. And in each case to good effect. I like that he knows when to play whith whom (Dino or Ray).

That, and Bell has some freaking PIPES man. Resurrection, Linchpin, Securitron. The guy has a great voice, IMO.

Hey, what's your favorite FF album? I'm into Obsolete myself...
  10. I suppose thats fair enough, Dino shouldn't really be in the conversation at all. Although when I said he haid a rubber wrist I was referring to his fretting hand.

As far as favourite album goes, I also prefer Obsolete. I was actually a bit disappointed by Digimortal.
  11. yea rendan , yer right...i was hoping more people out there had an appreciation for him (christian) but i guess not. and about the blink182 thing; if he doesnt like FF why is he in this post? with that said, im done being an ass :oops:

i really like demanufacture 'cause its more hard-hitting and heavy but obsolete is more musical IMO, so i guess its a tie between obsolete and demanufacture. i agree, burton DOES have an awsome singing AND screaming/harsh vocals voice. i , however, wasn't disappointed in digimortal...sure it may be a bit farther from their demanufacture sound, but its still IMO a great album, in which all band members do an amazing job in being musicians. sorry everyone i was a "butt" hole to...
  12. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX

I like Fear Factory pretty well, but on a simmilar note, about Spineshank. You know...FF Lite. I am really dissapointed in their lack of bass (it's all so thin, not oomph at all). I look at FF and yes, Bass can be used in Electro-Metal (or whatever they call it. I just call it music myself...). Well that, and Bell can write some pretty good lyrics...
  13. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Keep it nice, people.

BTW, I'm going to add that a chord is THREE or more notes played together, not two. Two is an interval.

And what's wrong with discussing Dino?