Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Christian Olde Wolbers's Basses

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by PanteraFan, Apr 23, 2001.

1. I know that Christian Olde Wolbers of Fear Factory used to use 5-string ESP's on their records and performances, but on the new album(Digimortal) he uses 5-string Fenders with one(count em, 1) pot on the bass. I wanna know which model Fender this is, and whether that pot is for tone or volume.

2. killer B

killer B

Apr 18, 2000
    Phoenix, AZ USA
    From the pictures I've seen it looks like he plays the Roscoe Beck Model 5 string, most likely custom shop ones. That's what he was playing on the last tour in and in all the studio photo's I've seen. No idea what the 1 knob would be fore though, in most cases when people do this it's a volume know but you never now. Hope this helps.

3. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Pick up the new issue of Bass Player. There's a big article on him in there, and it explains his basses a little bit.

4. They don't sell Bass Player in any magazine shop I've ever been in round here(Manchester, England). And no, I'm not gonna get a subscription. Why? Because I've never read it, I might hate the format, and there are too many people who have trouble with subscriptions. I see plenty of Guitar Technique, Guitar Magazine, etc.:rolleyes: