Christian Rock/Alternative fans

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by embellisher, Jun 1, 2002.

1. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

What's the best show that you have been to this year?

Last night I went to see EastWest, The Benjamin Gate and Pillar. Best live show I have been to in several years! All three bands had an amazing energy level and kicked some serious booty! And you could really feel the spirit moving in Pillar's set.
  2. Wxp4759cb

Nov 23, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I saw Audio Adrenaline a few years ago. They were really good.
  3. jesica

Jul 13, 2001
    USA, MI
    THOUSAND FOOT KRUTCH!!!!!!!!!they are so awesome
  4. LA

Oct 17, 2001
    Newsboys, Third Day, and The Waiting in November of 98. Excellent show.
  5. Skorzen

Mar 15, 2002
    Springfield MA
    I saw The Benjamin Gate a couple monthes ago and they seriously rock. I think the best show I have seen in a while was Skillet, they are incredible live. Other good shows would be Michael Sweet(of Stryper), Jennifer Knapp(She rocked), and Third Day (I was working stage crew and got to pack Tai's Musicmans :D ) I have seen Newsboys several times at various festivals and they put on a gool show, but it's always the same show. The group I really want to see that I have not is All Together Seperate. These guys are awsome musicians and are extremely creative ranging from rock ballads to heavy rock to funk.
  6. P.O.D. was awsome.
  7. Gil Escalera

Gil Escalera

Jan 17, 2002
    Upland, CA
    I had the pleasure of working/seeing an outreach at my church with EastWest. They not only ROCK, they are the best to work with.

Same goes for Plumbline. They played at our outreach on Saturday and did a concert/worship service on Sunday evening. Awesome band, awesome guys.

I'll be seeing/working with Jeremy Camp in a few weeks. Looking forward to that one.

Steven Curtis Chapman at the Pond in Anaheim, CA was a GREAT concert as well.
  8. malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Nothing yet in Christian Rock / Gospel concerts this year, but a couple years ago I attended a free concert that included Comissioned, Gospel Gangstas, Men of Standards, Lexi, Tim Bowman, and for the grand finale, Fred Hammond and Radical for Christ.

Can't remember the last time I so enjoyed standing up for about eight hours in a church parking lot.

9. embellisher

Man, I'll bet that was some show! Seeing all of that talent at one time would almost be a sensory overload.
  10. best show I seen (wasnt this year, sorry) was P.O.D. with Project 86. both bands jammed. it was sweet!
    the following year I saw P.O.D. with Blindside, it was a cool show, but the crowd had a hard time getting into Blindside's odd times and weird rythmic patterns. the best part about that show was a band named Fenix TX came out acting like total jerks and got booed off the stage.
    I'd love to see Eastwest, they're sweet.
    hey Embellisher,
    you ever listen to Grammatrain?
    they're probably one of the best hard rock Christian bands of all time (IMO) and they broke up after 2 albums. what's up wit dat?
  11. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    I have seen a bunch of really good Christian shows lately.

I saw Third Day a couple of times. Last year, A group called Savador opened for them. They are a Latin/Funk group from South Texas. Austin, I think.

While Third Day was very good, these guys stole the show. Young, energetic and very talented with a great passion for their ministry. I immediately ran out and bought all their records as a sign of support.

As an aside, their bass player, a 21-year-old named Josh Gonzales, is very good, as is the whole band. If you like Latin music, you have to see these guys.

Also, while, not exactly alternative (at least not any more), I saw the Truth farewell concert a few weeks ago. AWESOME!!!!!!

They broke out the horn section and played stuff through all three decades. It was an amazing show. We were truely blessed by it.

12. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    What, no one has seen the Apologetix? :D

Seriously though, I wouldn't mind seeing POD. I usually enjoy the more traditional gospel, but I guess that's because I'm a blues guy.
  13. JohnL

Sep 20, 2000
    Grayson, GA
    Saw Jennifer Knapp with Jars of Clay; she was great, they were ok. Third Day was killer!
  14. embellisher

I've never heard of them. I'll have to check them out.

Has anyone ever seen Audio Adrenaline live?
  15. I got a live video with them, but I never seen 'em in person.
    yeah, you got to check out Grammatrain. if you want, I can email you a MP3 or 2.
  16. Skorzen

Mar 15, 2002
    Springfield MA
    I have seen them a couple times at a couple of the big festivals, the were good, but I was never a huge Audioa fan, they just kinda seemed like they were going for the rockstar look but it just did'nt click. I duno maybe I am just weird ;) :D but I do like some of their earlyier stuff better, stuff from Some Kind of Zombie ect.
  17. uglybassplayer

Aug 24, 2001
    New Jersey
    I'm going with a group of about 40 people to Creation East in Mt. Union, Pa. which is taking place from June 26th through June 29th. :)

Close to fifty bands are going to be there including..

Audio Adrenaline, Jennifer Knapp, Chris Rice, Relient K, Toby Mac, Newsboys, Third Day, Michael W. Smith... The list goes on & on... :cool:

- Frank.
  18. Hey guys. I saw someone talking about Salvador. I saw them at a college i went to. The opened up for Third Day. Salvador totaly ripped up the stage. Great seeing my Hispanic bros doing a great job. I ran the booth for Salvador and i got a free cd and they signed it for me too!! I talked to the bass player for a while, and found out we have been playing the bass for the same amount of time. Oh if anyone lives Indiana, be sure to go to Faith Fest, well be playing there. Ok that was a bad plug:D