1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Christmas 2016 presents

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by FerK, Dec 23, 2016.

Tags:
  1. FerK

FerK Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Switzerland
    Anyone got an early Xmas present already? If so, please share. I'm wondering what's coming to me. Boxes are starting to pile up under the tree. One has my name on it...I hope I get a new bass. :)

Hotblack and zontar like this.
  2. DukeCC

DukeCC

Nov 4, 2016
    Indiana
    Shadow SH RB-PRO Rockabilly Pro Pickup/Preamp System

Cha-ching!

(Wait--wrong forum)

3. zontar

zontar

Feb 19, 2014
    J-5
    A Hilti Bass!--just what I always wanted...

4. dbase

dbase Gold Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..
    sandberg-CUSTOMSUPREME5-4. I want this for Christmas ....

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
    nixdad, Ubersheist and FerK like this.
  5. My girlfriend drove me to The Pleasure Chest in Hollywood and gave me a budget. I got 3 adult toys for X-mas. WOOHOO!!

catcauphonic likes this.
  6. SWRnut

SWRnut Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Columbia, SC
    My wife surprised me with a practice amp...an Ampeg BA110 to sit around the house and jam (quietly).

nixdad likes this.
  7. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    I picked up a newer Hofner Beatle bass up for $100 on Facebook about a week before Christmas. Very cool little bass, and I mean little. I'm used to 5 string Zons, Warwicks, Laklands & Valentis. This thing is like a tooth pick in my hands, but cool nonetheless.

FerK likes this.
  8. catcauphonic

catcauphonic High Freak of the Low Frequencies Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Seattle WA
    Jimmy4string likes this.
  9. A Gator hard case for thefabulous Cougar bass!

IMG_20160807_151506176_zpsilgu6yyb.

10. 1st Bass

1st Bass

May 26, 2005
    Forest Grove, OR
    2cooltoolz, S-Bigbottom and BassCliff like this.
  11. Vanceman

Vanceman

Feb 14, 2007
    So. Cal.
    I got socks and underwear.

1stnamebassist and shadowtippy like this.
  12. DeepBassNine

DeepBassNine

Dec 28, 2016
    I got one of those Ampeg Micro-CL amps for at home practice. Pleasantly surprised at how well this little thing performs! The aux in capability, as well as being able to blend the bass with whatever you're playing through the aux channel, is worth every penny. Being able to plug in headphones and use this feature as well is the cherry on top.

13. 1st Bass

1st Bass

May 26, 2005
    Forest Grove, OR
    We used to joke about "lumps of coal"...my youngest has recently built a forge, and I gave him my anvil a few months ago...so...he got a 50-lb. bag of coal for Christmas. (Coal is hard to find, and costly to acquire, in this part of the country. Only farriers and blacksmiths want it, so it is hard to get.)

ColdEye likes this.
  14. 20170106_112231. Here's mine.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
    Gearhead17 and FerK like this.
  15. FerK

FerK Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Switzerland
    Dingwall Combustion?

16. Yep.

17. I got a new heavy sweatshirt/flannel shirt combo thing from my wife. I live in SW Florida. To be fair it does get cold down here! in fact I wore it Sunday! It got all the way down into the mid 50's and I was freezing believe it or not!

18. ColdEye

ColdEye Supporting Member

Oct 22, 2015
    San Diego, CA
    Got a road worn jazz bass, NOS. Awesome, the relic job doesn't bother me at all.

19. Vanceman

Vanceman

Feb 14, 2007
    So. Cal.
    I must mention that I also got a new strap, and finally gigged with it last weekend. Great present! I'm now wearing the bass lower than before, and found it more playable and comfortable than wearing the bass higher. Weird, as I always subscribed to the logic that the standing and sitting height of the bass should be similar.

20. catcauphonic

catcauphonic High Freak of the Low Frequencies Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Seattle WA
    Purchased the 600w 212 from a TBer on the 31st, & received it on the 5th. For home use, mostly :bassist:

Neighbors, hausmates, & my cat are not nearly as enthused as i am :D

20170111_165945.

Lol, mostly kidding ... the neighbors and hausmates are musically inclined and cool, but boy did it scare the bejesus out of my sleeping cat when i first opened up the throttle some :roflmao:

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017