Christmas Gifts That Had Good Intentions

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Bassmanbob, Jan 4, 2006.

1. Bassmanbob

Bassmanbob Supporting Member

I'm not complaining, but my wife (very selflessly) purchased me the Encyclopedia of Electric Guitars book. She made sure it had basses by openning the book and seeing Paul McCartney in a picture in the book. He was actually playing an acoustic guitar. There isn't one bass picture or description in the book, but I don't have the heart to tell her. She's a great woman, but she's one of those people who can't pick out the sound of my instrument when I play in the band. Hey, I have my faults too.

Actually, I've been scanning through it, and I am enjoying it. The first part of the book has a history of guitars. I'll probably read that section in full. It will make a nice coffee table book.

Did any one else get a "Bass" Christmas gift that wasn't exactly bass related?
  2. paintballjunkie

Jul 27, 2005
    I got a book like that from my aunt/uncle last year. It was called The Guitar: The Definitive Reference. I read a little bit of then gave it to my guitarist.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

4. Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Didn't get anything other than my parents covering for my $250 Agile guitar purchase 3 weeks prior.
  5. slapcracklepop

Jun 28, 2005
    Boston, MA
    I got a guitar wah.. I use it anyway
  6. FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY

Thats funny... i got that same book a couple years ago for christmas! :eek:

...of course... I also play gu***r :bag: ....

anyway, it is quite interesting. I learned a lot about all the different brands.
  7. Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    I got that Gibson button up shirt....You know the has all the Gibson guitars on it.

But, I bought a similar book. It's called "Totally Guitar". There's tons of tablature in the middle, but mostly I got it because of all of the pics of rare guitars, how they were built, and the timeline. Always good to know that kind of info.
  8. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I got a t shirt with a buch of guitars on it. Hey, Aunt Gladys meant well.
  9. i got a thick book on the history of guitars, cant remember the name but it goes through every classic design and all that good stuff. too bad i hate to read
  10. McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    I got a copy of "The Guitar Handbook" it covers repairs, chords for every key, some theory, history of certain guitars, famous guitarists. Its actually pretty good even if I just need to learn how to set up a guitar/bass