Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Christmas in only 91 days away

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mr.QuakQuak, Sep 23, 2003.

1. Well being as my mother always complains of me waiting till last minute on picking a gift I would like for X-Mas, I decided thinking early.

Currently I'm using a 15 watt practice amp.

I'm looking for a amp to jam with in a room with my friends (currently just two guitarists with 10 watts but I know one is upgrading to a 50 watt).

I play various styles of music but mainly rock and blues. I am looking for amps under $450 and no more then 50 pounds.

Currently my interest is in the Ashdown Electric Blue 12 and the GK Backline. I know they are a price differences away from each other but I would like to know what people think about each.

Also other recommendations are wlecome.

thanks - Quak

2. try some 1x15 combos that are around 60-150 watts, that should be enough.

3. Ampeg B-50. Or B-100.

:)

4. i think a fender bassman 100 would be a good amp for you to consider. 100 watts, 46 or so lbs, and it gets a great tone. shop around used, you can definaltey find it 450, or wait till its on sale. i got mine for 440 on sale.

5. andrewd

andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    i have a fender bassman 60. it can sound good i guess, but its poorly made and the compressor blows ass. if you want to play at any sort of loud volume, you're going to have to fiddle with knobs etc.

6. No one have any comments of the Ashdown Electric Blue 12 ? I know anything will be better then what I have currently but how are the lows/mids/highs on it ?

7. wanna buy a carvin PB-200 off of me?:D

8. hanales

hanales

Jul 12, 2003
    Youngstown, OH
    subtley points to .sig

9. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Check out the SWR LA15 at Guitar Center.

Theyre going for bundles less than what they used to be.

Also check out Nemesis amps by Eden. They are really amazing suckers.

The Ashdown is nice from what Ive heard, and the GK Backline series..... well lets just say I wish I hadnt heard what those sound like :meh: .

Peace
    Nick

10. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    AMpeg B100r or B50r hands down.

11. You could buy my combo....
    Ampeg b3158

Then only setback, it weighs 85 pounds.

But it could be yours for $400.

12. Well I'll go to guitar center in November but I want to get some ideas. Family doesn't enjoy me being in there very long ...