Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Christmas Jazz Wish List

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Boplicity, Nov 26, 2003.

1. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Those who have known me a long time here, know I collect Christams jazz. This year I thought I'd jump ahead of the record companies and tell them what jazz players I would like to see ( hear) make a holiday CD for next year, 2004. If you have any ideas, let me know, too.

Here's my list of wished for holiday jazz CDs.

Pat Metheny Group

Diana Krall (She has an Import EP of three songs. I want her to do an entire holiday CD.)

Al Dimeola (I know he would think this idea is pure schlock, but it could line his pockets richly.)

Joe Sample

Brad Mehldau

Al Jarreau

Larry Carlton

2. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    JO-
    Larry Carlton released a Christmas album a few years back.

I'm a sentimental sap that also likes Xmas "Jazz"; I even enjoy the GRP Christmas samplers(the Elektric Band doing "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" rocks).
    So, to answer your question-
    The Yellowjackets would be my choice(they have at least 2 Xmas songs floating out there...a beautiful version of "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" can found on Take 6's He Is Christmas & a rockin' Gospel-ized version of "Go Tell It On The Mountain" can be found on GRP's Vol III).

3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Steve Lukather & Friends - Santamental

Some very loose interpretations - great fun :D

Merry Axemas Vol.2 is great too.

[​IMG]

4. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Thanks for telling me that. I am going straight to amazon.com to see if it is still available.

I have the GRP samplers too and enjoy most of the music.

_______

I checked and the CD is called "Christmas at My House." Unfortunately it is no longer available, except used. Amazon will do a search for it, no guarantee on price. I guess I'll opt out. Maybe I can find it elsewhere...in a circuit city bargain bin or something.

5. The Merry Axemas albums are great!

Sleigh Ride by the "Stu" is wonderful!
    Some of the guitar is good too.. :p

6. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    Squirrel Nut Zippers - Christmas Caravan

But I know I won't get anything..