1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Christmas Presents - What did you get or give this year?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jmattbassplaya, Dec 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Looking for a gig around East Islip, NY!

Jan 13, 2008
    Come on - show us the goods :)

2. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    They're still wrapped, but my girlfriend is getting an Echo Dot, a smart watch, and a Pax 3. My kid is also getting a Pax 3 :) (father of the year!)

3. Jhengsman

Jhengsman

Oct 17, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    My practice headphones have been upgraded.

4. The kids love the cash.

Funky Ghost likes this.
  5. Stewie26

Stewie26 Supporting Member

12 pairs of socks. Actually, that is what I asked for.

slobake and Aberdumbie like this.
  6. Aberdumbie

Aberdumbie

Jan 22, 2016
    South Carolina
    Four almost front row seats to see Rain a Beatles tribute act that makes me feel like a kid. Will be my fourth time seeing them. And only Rush and Uriah Heep hold that esteemed honor with me.:D

Edit... I gave two Wild Thing Power Wheels vehicles to the kids. They were a major hit. Wish they had those things when I was a kid.

slobake and fhm555 like this.
  7. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    I had a beautiful woman make me a fantastic meal, and bake me two pies, and make wonderful love with me, with no strings attached. We exchanged some gifts as well. She got me some dishes, and I got her some jewelry. This is exactly what I wanted for Christmas, and I really like my life right now. She also accompanied me to a candlelit service last night.

Merry Christmas to all!

8. Datsgor

Datsgor Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2000
    California
    I gave my niece 20 bucks.

9. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2011
    We did dirty santa today and i got one of these. It’s official name is the Squatty Pottie Emoji Poo Plunger. I am thrilled beyond measure.

D979D458-68D2-4F25-A2B2-EFBC3BA7427C.

10. biguglyman

biguglyman

Jul 27, 2017
    Rochester, NY
    Mr. Jones...

tvclose.

11. I regifted a gigantic poinsettia flower bush. Should have taken a photo, it was massive!

biguglyman likes this.
  12. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    I got gift cards for some restaurants and stores. I got my daughter several gifts including this Pop Solo Karaoke Microphone that you download karaoke app to your phone and attach it to the microphone and speaker and sing into it.

Pop Solo Karaoke Microphone

m006872446_sc7?$splssku$.

29f31480-2585-4658-9570-d19184084cf0_1.f5c3af4c25f11c556821579a46590ff8.

s-l1600.

13. hbarcat

hbarcat Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Rochelle, Illinois
    I gave my granddaughter the "Dash" robot. It's supposed to be educational as well as fun, and it's very sophisticated.

After 3 hours of frustration trying to get it to do anything, I learned that it only works with a limited number of iPhones, Android phones, and certain tablets. Ours were on the list of "known incompatible".

So, back it goes.

14. slobake

slobake resident ... something

I gave a lot of my time and was given much joy from that.
    Oh, I also wrapped a few presents and gave those away too.
    My wife is an amazing woman. My old Mac notebook is done. It is so old couldn't do any more upgrades. To save money I have been using a Microsoft machine that she had sitting around when she upgraded her laptop for her business. It is a really good machine and I was doing fine with it. No problem.
    My wife knows at heart I really am a MAC guy. She managed to find a new MacBook Air at a door buster sale and totally surprised me on Christmas Eve after my family had left. Man, I love that woman.
    I was up to 1 am setting it up and got up early the next morning to prepare for the extended family gathering. I am tired but very happy for a number of reasons this morning.
    I'm giving her a stamp on her passport that says "Italy." We might even go there too. :)
    May you all have the joy of giving love and the ability to recognize and receive love this morning.

15. On the early morning of the 24th I got an email with Christmas greetings from The Love Of My Life.
    Nothing more. Nothing less.
    That was the best christmas gift I could ever ask for, bar none! Blessed Lady!

16. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    I threw down five bucks for a gift for my boss. I have no idea what he got.

17. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

My daughters both got 12 gauge Smith & Wesson model 1000 semi-auto shotguns.

I'm just an old softie traditionalist, I guess.

(Actually we exchanged a number of nice gifts, but those were a real surprise to them. We all discovered this summer that we liked that model of shotgun and we want to go trap shooting together.)

Tbone76 and two fingers like this.
  18. YES! Do! You will both fall in love with this wonderful country!
    Beautiful vistas!
    Wonderful people.
    Epicurious food and wine.

A first timer should IMHO first visit any of the Northerns lakes (Garda, Maggiore, etc) and of course Venice!

Then Bologna, Torino, Rome, Florence, Naples... and many, many more!

The holiday of a lifetime! I love Italy and are always longing for the next visit..

slobake likes this.
  19. petrus61

petrus61 Supporting Member

My daughter received a Yamaha FG800 and a sweet Roadrunner gig bag to take it to string club with...
    IMG_3277.JPG

I'm having a hard time keeping my grubby mitts off it. Damn good guitar for under $300. I might have to ask Mrs. Santa if the elves can make me one too.

DirtDog and slobake like this.