Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Christmas rig!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lyle, Dec 27, 2004.

1. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    Two years ago my parents gave me one of the best Bass oriented gifts I have ever recieved. A yorkville xm200t, mmmmya. That gave me whicked tone and got me jamming alot more. Recently I've been jamming more frequently and have several projects on the go, so I needed a bit more umpf. So for this years christmas my dad decided to go 50/50 with me on the lower cab (xc115x) and now i finally have a rig worth posting. I feel very lucky for having parents to support my music like this, but enough of my ramblings.

ps. there are 2 jacks on the cab, it doesnt seem to matter which one i plug into, is there a difference?

2. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    no. those should be parallel input jacks which are used for daisy chaining cabinets together in parallel. it really doesnt matter which ome you use. congrats on the rig! I bet adding the 2nd cab makes a world of difference. I'm guessing that you can feel as well as hear your bass now. :cool:

great bass too btw, i really want to get one of those 1 day. some players i know have those and being able to play drop d without having to transpose must be great. Not to mention they sound pretty darned good too.

3. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    Thanks for the compliments and the info. And kubicki's are great, mines being mean though and needs a setup (fumbles away with tools) and the drop d is great, i play other basses and try to play some of my original stuff and i have to stop half through my tune.

4. hondo8671

hondo8671

Apr 22, 2004
  5. ardorx

ardorx

Sep 23, 2004
    Sugar Land, TX
    I knew you were from Canada because you said "wicked". I lived there till I was 9 and go back every year. Take it easy. Nice lil rig you got there.

6. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    haha thanks :smug:

7. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    Sweet set up! I love that bass!

It's great that your parents back you, and are interested in what you're doing!

Peace
    -Ben