1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Christmas theme?

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by MJ5150, Nov 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    How do I disable the Christmas theme and the snow?

-Mike

Don Kasper likes this.
  2. Don Kasper

Don Kasper Supporting Member

I will pay any $ amount!
    Pleeze make it stop/go away!

MJ5150 likes this.
  3. Rallypoint_1

Rallypoint_1 Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2010
    Pasadena, California
    I like it!

TolerancEJ and petrus61 like this.
  4. Bah Humbug!

TolerancEJ and petrus61 like this.
  5. petrus61

petrus61 Supporting Member

Will you please stop. First with the gifs and now this. Go about with your daily TB'ing and pretend it's not there.

petrus61, MJ5150 and ahc like this.
  7. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    Sorry, didn't mean to have snow effect enabled. As usual the ol' retro style fell through the cracks. No more snow falling now, just piles of snow on your nav bar. Hope that's better :)

8. mrb327

mrb327

Mar 6, 2013
    Colorado
    Nobody Knows
    You gots a cane in you head mang!

5StringBlues and Killed_by_Death like this.
  9. Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2016
    Albany NY
    There was snow falling?.....And I missed it.....

Awww shucks!....:(

10. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I asked a question. I didn't demand anything to change. Same with the animated GIF thread. So while you said please, I am going to continue to ask questions about my experience as I visit TB since it is such a big part of my day.
    You don't like this thread, you don't like the animated GIF thread, you jumped on me about some comments I made in the Hollywood sex scandal thread.
    If I've done anything else to bother you, you can air it out here, send me a PM, or forget about it.
    I enjoy reading your posts, so I am disappointed to know I bother you so much.

-Mike

11. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Yeah man, that's cool. Thank you @paul.
    Thank you as well for keeping the RETRO 2008 theme active. I really dig it.

-Mike

12. TomB

TomB Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2007
    Vermont
    Hey Paul , the snow is covering my inbox & alert red balloons and I can’t seem to brush it off!

13. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Yah it would be nice not having that there either. The Santa hat looks like an alert at first glance and, speaking for myself and possibly some others, I'd prefer an entirely secular talkbass experience.

14. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Not to open a can of worms, but Santa and snow are secular in today's world. Nothing religious a out them at all. Millions of people who never go to church celebrate Christmas.

15. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    There are differing opinions. It's not entirely secular at all regardless of secular celebrations. The can of worms is opened when you display one religious celebration and not every single other. I'm just a guest here voicing an objection. It's not up to me.

16. TomB

TomB Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2007
    Vermont
    Ok, so it’s a Santa hat, not a balloon. Ho ho ho...!

17. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    I respect your opinions. I was merely pointing out that most modern-day people don't even knlw the origin of Bishop Nicholas or any of that. They don't even realize Santa was originally a religious figure. It's fun make believe and simply tradition.

So I would be surprised if a bunch of bass players, most of whom can't get past a bass design from the late 50s, would have a problem with a fun tradition. :D

Chris Fitzgerald likes this.
  18. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Probably best not to post many hundreds of times in threads about religion in the lobby then? IME, posting against religion is just another way of posting about religion. If you'd truly prefer a secular Talkbass experience, probably best to avoid the only forum where discussion of it is allowed.

Regarding the seasonal theme, I agree that the santa hat does mask the alert marker in retro style, but to object to it on religious grounds on a private site where it was obviously intended as a generic season's greeting seems a bit over the top.

S-Bigbottom and bass12 like this.
  19. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Well it's allowed in the lobby and I do avoid that section nowadays anyway. The Santa hat is on every page and is unavoidable. Is objecting to something over the top? That's a bit over the top, IME.

20. TomB

TomB Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2007
    Vermont
    I could be wrong (it was early am when first observed) but I think the Santa hat was "moved" somewhat so the alerts are more visible now. ...glad the snowstorm stopped :).