Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Christmas Time in the City

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by Dad Bass, Nov 10, 2005.

1. Dad Bass

Dad Bass

Jun 22, 2005
    New Jersey, USA
    Maybe I'm preachin' to the choir but that's how you get them to sing.

Some exciting things are happening.

It seems of friend John from Shen has been a busy boy. The elves at Upton bass after years of saying no thanks are carry :bag: ing Shen basses.

Also Norton Customs has a brand new model Shen 90 and it has a spruce liminate top and blonde. They are also carring a Shen Willow.

This all is exciting stuff.

Please add other news to the Christmas thread.

By the way in the Olde English the word "Merry" was translated as Happy and also mighty. So Robin Hood and his merry men might be translated Robin Hood and his mighty men.

It's early to start be have yourself a MIGHTY CHRISTMAS.

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Dad's been into the eggnog, Mom!

3. azflyman

azflyman

Apr 24, 2004
    Astoria, OR
    1+

4. What, are you saying it couldn't be a natural high? Why assume everything has to be alcohol-induced?

(This from a Scot....)

5. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Actually, that seemed more pot-influenced, but since he's a dad I didn't want to get him in trouble with the law ;)

6. Dad Bass

Dad Bass

Jun 22, 2005
    New Jersey, USA
    ...if I offened you in any way guys. I was excited about the news I posted and maybe I nedded to mention something positive as opposed to Iraq and the goverment.

I had thought that this little corner of the world was a more positive place.

If you think that I'm a little weird, that's ok.....youre only visiting.....I live here.

Dad Bass

7. jmain

jmain Oo, Uhn't uh, Yes! Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    It also looks like Dominant strings and the RS pup will make great stocking stuffers!

The new EA NM208 and the Focus IIIs should be here just in time for a ride down the chimney!

8. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    I don't think anyone was offended (I wasn't). In fact, I think they're just playing with you.

9. D McCartney

D McCartney crosswind downwind bass

Aug 1, 2005
    Tacoma WA
    I agree, it sounded like they were making mighty.

10. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Yes, I was definitely making migh...er...merry. Don't let me kill your eggnog buzz.

11. azflyman

azflyman

Apr 24, 2004
    Astoria, OR
    Oy Vey! Don't tell me that a guy from NJ does not know when his, um, leg is being pulled?

az

12. drurb

drurb Oracle, Ancient Order of Rass Hattur; Mem. #1, EPC

Apr 17, 2004
    ...and this brings to mind why it is also "Hannukah time" in the city or just "holiday time." :)

13. drurb

drurb Oracle, Ancient Order of Rass Hattur; Mem. #1, EPC

Apr 17, 2004
    Well, I can't wait to get in the car and get to Upton so that I can play a Shen and an Upton side-by-side. Should be really interesting. Of course, I'll post my comments.

14. jmain

jmain Oo, Uhn't uh, Yes! Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    I am anxiously awaiting some reviews! I'd really appreciate it. How timely for this to happen, as many have been discussing the SB100 and Hawkes. (Pics aren't on the site yet.)