Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Christmas

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by lesfleanut, Nov 23, 2002.

1. lesfleanut

lesfleanut Guest

Sep 25, 2001
    Syracuse N.Y.
    What does is mean to you. Alot of you will be getting gifts for your kids and stuff. The younger members of this board will be receiving gifts. So post em here. New bass? Clothes? Your grandpa's dirty socks? Post what you asked for this christmas. :)

Im a g33k so Im getting a new processor and HDD. :D

Here's what My system will be like... I can almost see it now. :p

AMD athlon XP 2.0GHz
    512mb DDR RAM
    GeForce 4 TI 4200 video card
    60GB 7500RPM Western Digital HDD
    20GB Old HDD
    Old Soundblaster sound card ( I want an audigy some time down the road)
    19 Inch KDS Moniter
    dvd player,CDRW, and all that crap.

Other than that, Probably some PS2 games and maybe some bass stuff and clothes.

I realy wish I had money to get my parents some thing nice, but Im in college so Im kinda f***ed in the money department. :(

Hopefully all goes well for your christmas. Have a good one. :)

2. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    Well i have asked my parents kindly for a new bass, a 4-string, dont know which one, hoping to go to a guitar shop and pick one out..

3. im getting a lot of paintball stuff. :D

4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Don't ruin your christmas by buying a Creative Labs card, at least if you intend to make music.

5. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA

yeah...if you get a creative labs card, your tree will start on fire and santa will kick your kids and relatives in the nuts.

6. I believe I have 19 gear related items on my list, ranging anywhere from instruments, amps, effects, strings, etc..... oh soo much gas.

7. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    Money to add to what i've saved so i can get a Ray 5 sooner rather than later.

8. superfreak

superfreak Unregistered

Aug 18, 2002
    Clarksville, TN
    I asked for nothing and I will get nothing...Well, my family (twin sister, and little sister) will be here for Christmas, so that is my Christmas gift. What I really wanted was the sisters to be together again like old times...I'm getting it.:D

9. lemonadeisgood

lemonadeisgood

Aug 22, 2001
    Canada
    Nothing.

I'd feel better letting my parents pay off some bills instead of wasting money on me.

10. superfreak when have i ever let you go without getting anything for christmas.

11. i plan on getting some stock for christmas...and no, I'm not joking. :)