1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Christof Kost Basses - Made in Germany

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 57pbass, Dec 18, 2017.

Tags:
  1. 57pbass

57pbass Supporting Member

B81FC93F-377F-48B0-8787-4AE1540825A9. EDBA1D69-5371-4FE2-825A-19D65EAEDA7F. 7E0C7F30-564F-4AB5-995E-9A8A85C5003E. Today I stopped into the local Guitar Center to take a look. They usually stock the standard line up of gear. In the used section I noticed a bass that I had never seen or heard of. I was curious and my first thought was it was a 5 string..since I’m a 4 stringer I didn’t get too excited. I picked it up..super light weight. So far so good.
    Plugged it in...it sounds amazing. Nut is 1.75...super comfortable neck profile for me. I went out to my truck to do some research and could not find any data aside from builder is located in Germany. I will research further tonight.
    I believe it to be a Mahogany body, rosewood board and a maple neck.
    8 Lbs.
    LaFay J Style pickups.
    Controls..Volume/4 Presets/Tone.
    Here’s some pictures..I did purchase it since GC has a great return policy..but I think I’ll be keeping this.
    Anyone have any information on this builder or bass ?
    Thank you.

Attached Files:

Doctor J and TolerancEJ like this.
  2. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    the Cali Intergalctic Mind Space
    Song Surgeon slow downer software- full 4 hour demo
    How's the offset in the body feel?

3. 57pbass

57pbass Supporting Member

I’ve been playing it all night and it’s really comfortable.. 8 lbs. Great sounding bass.

Stumbo likes this.
  4. cdef

cdef

Jul 18, 2003
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
    57pbass likes this.