Christopher 7/8 Busetto DB304F5

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by GArry Spellman, Jun 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. GArry Spellman

GArry Spellman

Jun 10, 2017
    I have a 2003 Christopher 7/8 Busetto model DB304F5, with two Fishman Piezos installed. I am wondering what its value is today, though I don't want to sell it. I set the action myself with micrometer and when I recieved it, the sound post had fallen, I just guessed where it should be. I play jazz so it's plenty loud. It is in great shape. Anyone know its value?
    247.JPG

2. LouisF

LouisF Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    New ones go between $3500- $4000; so, I dunno, $2500?
    Louis

3. GArry Spellman

GArry Spellman

Jun 10, 2017
    Thanks for the input. It still gets the job done!

4. LouisF

LouisF Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    They are very solid instruments.

5. Don Kasper

Don Kasper Supporting Member

Off topic. Sorry.
    What are the (plastic?) translucent thingys on the crest of the bridge?
    Also - IMO - the (high) Gstring looks dangerously close to the edge of the fingerboard - the bridge may need to be moved toward the (low) B string side to center the strings on the fingerboard.
    Thanks.

6. GArry Spellman

GArry Spellman

Jun 10, 2017
    I machined a set of aluminum clamps to hold the piezos on with setscrews. After the fishman clamps fell off on two different gigs. The G string problem has been resolved. Thanks!

Don Kasper likes this.
  7. GArry Spellman

GArry Spellman

Jun 10, 2017
    I know I need pro counseling on the placement of the sound post, but this rig has been a real workhorse! I got a Mooradian gig bag for him. Now I can take him to Alaska. ( really just north Texas....)

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 19, 2021