1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale Christopher ply with removable neck

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by pjb15, Oct 11, 2018.

1. pjb15

pjb15 Supporting Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Verona. NJ
    Price:
    Strings:
    For sale is my 2009 Christopher RN203.

Upgrades include:
    Wittner Ultra lite tailpiece
    Synthetic tailpiece cord
    Gollihur carbon fiber endpin
    Rubner tuners
    New bridge adjusters

Comes with a hunter green Gollihur standard case and strung with Spiro Mittels.

Super workhorse bass, great punchy tone with growl and terrific sustain. Very even over the whole bass and amplifies really well.

I used this bass on almost all my gigs over the last two winters because my carved bass was temperamental. For jazz gigs, musicians who I worked with regularly preferred the sound of this to my carved bass. The bass is also a terrific bass for the road, the removable neck system works great and the soundpost is pinned. Very stable and built to survive the apocalypse, this bass needs very little adjustment throughout the year. The upgraded carbon endpin and Wittner tailpiece cut down the weight of the bass. 100% gig ready.

I’m selling because I sold my carved bass and bought a New Standard ply which is now my main bass and this one has been sitting around the house since I got the NS.

Here is a link to another post I made offerering the bass for rent. There are some other pics and a video of the bass. Bass for rent in NY, NJ, PA area

Offers accepted, please PM me with questions. Thanks

Attached Files:

2. shwashwa

shwashwa

Aug 30, 2003
    NJ
    who did the neck off work? is it adjustable too or just removable?

3. pjb15

pjb15 Supporting Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Verona. NJ
    It’s Christopher’s system, the bass model is a RN-203 (RN is removable neck), not adjustable.