Christopher Removable Neck with Concord Case

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by Eric Frey, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Eric Frey

Eric Frey

Feb 23, 2020
    Nashville, TN
    I’m wondering if anyone out there has ever owned a RN Christopher with the Concord case, and if so, what are your thoughts? I’ve never played a Christopher, and would potentially be purchasing sight unseen.

2. LouisF

LouisF Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Christopher makes its travel bass at all levels from laminate to fully carved. Which one did you have in mind? They are pretty sturdy/decent instruments with a fairly large following here: the christopher bass club

3. Eric Frey

Eric Frey

Feb 23, 2020
    Nashville, TN
    Thanks! I’ve been in touch with Concord, and gotten prices on their models. I’m just looking for anyone with actual “hands on” experience with their RN.

4. hynes31

hynes31 Supporting Member

Hi Eric. I've had mine for a long time and it's been a bit of a battle sometimes on the road. I'm finally getting it looked at by a good luthier to get it properly set up and address some issues I've had over the years. Might be a while but when it's setup and I'll let you know. I'm also considering selling it when it's done because I'm not sure how much touring I will be doing in the future just want to make sure its in good working order first.

5. Eric Frey

Eric Frey

Feb 23, 2020
    Nashville, TN
    Right on. I went ahead and opted to buy a different bass. I had the same thought about getting it set up right. I ended up finding a good deal on a Shen hybrid that already played great, and Randy Hunt is going to do the conversion here in Nashville. I was, however, pretty interested and impressed with the Concord case. I just bought one from Tom at FMI in Pasadena. It’s going to require a little modification to store the tailpiece. The Christoper tailpiece wire is sturdy and stays in place, and the case doesn’t have a place to store it.

hynes31 likes this.