Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Christopher Walken's hair...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mr.Phil, Jun 20, 2005.

1. Mr.Phil

Mr.Phil

Apr 9, 2005
    Upstate NY
    Has it changed at all in the last 15 years?

2. Snarf

Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    That man is a god.

And in response to your question, I think it may have gotten a little less in mass.

3. Christopher Walken? Donald Trump, I say!

4. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Walken rocks me...

Watched deer hunter not long ago again... christ he is good... i really think people underrate him...

5. christopher walken is my favorite actor. every time my hair gets kind of long (like right now), my family says i look like him. i don't really see it, but i think it's cool anyway, ha.

6. I read that he spends 15 minutes a day pulling on it, for hair/scalp exercise.

7. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

In his spare time when he is not pulling his hair or other
    body parts, Mr. Walken finds time to play bass in a
    'Little Bar Band' in Baltimore MD, and sometimes ranges as
    far astray as Hershey PA. Here is a little pic of Christopher at
    work shakin' the booties at a gig in March. More pics of
    Christopher and his alter ego can be found at
    stillcounting.com :ninja:

Ed, I told you, you are SO TOAST!
    :D

8. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

?!?!

I am the only person I've ever known who doesn't like his acting... everyone else says, "Christ he is good..." So by that theory, the only reason he's underrated is because I don't like him. If I liked him, in your opinion he'd be aptly rated.

9. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA

Crap!
    I knew that would haunt me one day. :D

10. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK

Its different... I am not saying that people don’t like him... they do... But it feels like most people who say they like him and he is pretty good actor don’t mean it... they say it as in "that’s a right thing to say". But in fact they don’t really know any of his works...

But main thing i mean is he is somewhat underrated in the industry... Most movies he is in somewhat of a background actor... I kind of think that makes him so damn good... But it does feel like he is somewhat underground type of actor...

Basically what i am saying is... if you come do a random person and go "name a good actor/actress" you will get pimped out name like Arnold, Tom Cruise etc...

Never a good actor... usually actors that where pimped out by promoters… I think it’s a good thing… but it sad that people like things because someone told them to like them…

I might be wrong but that’s the feel i get... Oh i am not directing this at anyone here... Taste is taste... you might like something you might not... but what i am talking about is not taste its popularity... Plus musicians tend to be more open minded:)

Cheers

11. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Gotcha, and I agree, to a point. I forget which one though. :smug:

I've never heard Tom Cruise or Arnold get called "good actors" by anyone. :barf x100000000:

Unless of course, you mean Tom Arnold. :eek:

12. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    I enjoyed his work in the Fat Boy Slim video (Lethal Weapon? or Weapon of mass destruction? somehting of the likes)

13. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Weapon of Choice, he is a fine dancer. Featuring the low end wizardry of Mr. Bootsy Collins.

14. Snarf

Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    Patrick Stewart
    Avery Brooks

*Star Trek spaz-out moment*

15. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Well yeah... by that i mean "fill in a blank for some crappy actor or anything else that is popular"

I do seem to run away from my points... i do that a lot:)

Cheers

16. Gord

Gord

Jan 10, 2004
    BC, Canada
    He hid it in the one place he knew he could hide something: his ass. Five long years, he wore this watch up his ass.

17. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Five long years...

18. Walken has nothing on Jackson Browne -- he hasn't changed his hair about 35 years!

19. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I watched Annie Hall the other week and saw a _very_ young Walken in a small part. It was weird.

20. Guys, I got a fever... and the only perscription, is more COWBELL!!!