Christopher Wolstenholme's Setup

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Stickk, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Hey Shane,

First of all, thanks for coming in and clarifying some points regarding his setup! We appreciate the time you've taken, as you've no doubt got your hands full with the tour.

Secondly, is Chris aware of this place? He has quite a large following here, particularly in the effects forum, and we were wondering if he might ever stop in. We do realize, of course, that the tour and his family will be keeping him ridiculously busy, but it would be nice, at his convenience, for him to stop in and at least check this forum out.

Thanks again.

2. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    Wow, that's some world class ass kissing, Freaq! How could he refuse coming on here now??? :bag:

Just kidding...take it easy ;)

3. I don't deny it. :ninja:

4. The Lurker

The Lurker

Aug 16, 2002
    Ankh-Morpork
    The one where he chucks it from the front row onto the stage? I think that's one of his Pedullas.....

5. nowhereshane

nowhereshane

Oct 4, 2009

hi,
    no worries about the info...don t know if chris gets into this sort of thing. will mention it. your are right he is extremely busy. work/band/family.!
    wish i had taken photo's of that pedulla bass mentioned above... you cant imagine what is holding it together. still works fine. seen it the other day at his house.
    i m not for posting really either. surprised to find myself on here. was actually by accident. now i know this place i will check in from time to time.....
    one thing i will say.. it and goes for all instruments.. its all about technique. that is how chris sounds like chris... he is so consistent, all of the time. finger work!!!!!!!
    take care...im off to rehearse for the day...was supposed to be a day off from U2...thats how busy we are!

6. Bassmingo

Bassmingo

Nov 6, 2008
    Ireland
    thats what i love about this place, techs or ever the bassist himself will pop in from time to time...

perhaps shane when he returns will confirm/deny that the hysteria sound was 2 big muffs and a roland jp?

also what did you/the band think of grouse lodge when they recorded absolution there? i live a stones throw away and have worked of a few things there.

7. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    I like turtles.

8. Anyone know if he de-tunes his SB4s? In the video for "Feeling Good" he's using an SB4, and it sounds as though he's got the low string tuned to C or B. Definitely can't be E-standard, unless he's got an octave effect I'm not hearing. I know, the video bass is not always the recorded bass, but I think it's a good assumption.

9. the low one

the low one

Feb 21, 2002
    UK
    He definitely uses an octave on Feeling good, OC-2 I believe. This is an old video but listen at the end of the quier mid section, about 1:40, you can hear the octave kick in before the distortion.
    Muse - Feeling Good on Jools Holland - YouTube

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 2, 2021