Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Chromatic Fantasy Fingerings

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by bassduder, Jun 27, 2002.

1. bassduder

bassduder

Jul 30, 2001
    Canada, GF-W
    Does anyone out there that can give some tips or even easy fingerings for Chromatic Fantasy as done by Jaco?

I have the intention of playing it at a music festival early next year (2003) and I want to start early on this, but i got stumped at the 3rd bar...:D

Like for example, what would be a good fingering for the first triplet in bar 3, Bb, D, F?

I kinda had an crazy idea to tap some of it, but I want to play it "similiar" to Jaco ha

Later

2. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    I'd finger that arpeggio 1-2-4. Quite a stretch, anyway.

3. I'm working on that song myself, I dont have any specific advice, but try just playing it slowly with different finger patterns, find out what is comfortable, and then just keep playing, after a while your fingers should start to move faster naturally and you'll be cruisin'!

4. bassduder

bassduder

Jul 30, 2001
    Canada, GF-W
    Thanks...just another question, does anyone have any good stretching exersizes that could help improve great stretches such as the ones in Chromatic Fantasy?