1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Chromatic Fantasy Fingerings

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by bassduder, Jun 27, 2002.

1. bassduder

bassduder

Jul 30, 2001
    Canada, GF-W
    Does anyone out there that can give some tips or even easy fingerings for Chromatic Fantasy as done by Jaco?

I have the intention of playing it at a music festival early next year (2003) and I want to start early on this, but i got stumped at the 3rd bar...:D

Like for example, what would be a good fingering for the first triplet in bar 3, Bb, D, F?

I kinda had an crazy idea to tap some of it, but I want to play it "similiar" to Jaco ha

Later

2. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    I'd finger that arpeggio 1-2-4. Quite a stretch, anyway.

3. I'm working on that song myself, I dont have any specific advice, but try just playing it slowly with different finger patterns, find out what is comfortable, and then just keep playing, after a while your fingers should start to move faster naturally and you'll be cruisin'!

4. bassduder

bassduder

Jul 30, 2001
    Canada, GF-W
    Thanks...just another question, does anyone have any good stretching exersizes that could help improve great stretches such as the ones in Chromatic Fantasy?