Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Chrome GB Bass!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sshorepunk, Oct 3, 2004.

1. Hi

One of UK Luthier, Bernie Goodfellows latest creations, a chrome Rumour bass with green LED's, coool!

I've ripped this picture off the site of UK bass palyer Stuart Clayton who happens to be the proud owner!

[​IMG]

2. Thats kinda neat...
    Fingerprints would be a menace though i would think.

3. rusty

rusty

Mar 29, 2004
    Singapore
    That's like the world's best fingerprint magnet... :bag: :D

4. Anti_Wish

Anti_Wish

May 14, 2004
    Boston, Ma
  5. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    He needs to take pictures of it NOT on a wooden table :p.

6. Very nice that!!! Although I agree with the thing about the fingerprints!!! You'd be cleaning it after every song!!!

Dan

7. Well it would be fun "blinding" the audience with spot light reflections :D

8. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I love the look of chrome, but have you seen the copper plated ones?

9. WHen i was on the phone to Bernie last week sorting out some things for a client we were talkin about this chrome bass..

He persoanlly doesnt really like it as he is like me loves the look of qulaity woods just plain and natural but everyones entitled to their own tastes. He had to specially order paint which sprays on like liquid silver plate and then its sealed.

The bass weighs a lot less as it doesnt have a exotic cap on it so i estimate the way weight around 8-9lbs

Supurb Rumour electronics and this one even has the GB LED controller costing 700 big ones

Stu is a god at bass and his funky slappy tappyness is known in the GB Style but he is mainly influenced by the mighty faith no more..!!

Yummie bass!!...

10. BruceWane

BruceWane

Oct 31, 2002
    Houston, TX
  11. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    That's the "textured "riffle" finish" as opposed to the smooth mirror finish. I like the mirror one :)

12. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
  13. waxcomb

waxcomb

Jun 29, 2003
    Martinez, CA
    Plus, you can open a beer with that headstock.

14. Anti_Wish

Anti_Wish

May 14, 2004
    Boston, Ma
    ya i like the mirror one too.

15. Rusty Chainsaw

Rusty Chainsaw

Oct 15, 2002
    The Cronx
    Bernie's always toyed with unusual finishes, he was one of the first people to use the rainbow-effect prismatic finish to great effect, and some of the other finishes he's used (Black Wicca springs to mind) were unusual and beautiful.

But yep, nothing beats a nice piece of wood!

Russ :bassist:

16. I gotta agree, nothing beats a nice peice of wood ! but if you're going to cover it up, do it in style, do it in chrome, he does a nice 'daphne blue' too!

I hear Bernies doing some stuff for you single coil p/u poeple, the magority of his previous basses have been fitted with Humbuckers, should get some nice sounds combined with his excellent active circiuts!

Tony

17. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    I'm curious about his "rainbow-effect prismatic finish".

18. Rusty Chainsaw

Rusty Chainsaw

Oct 15, 2002
    The Cronx
    This is a pic of a GB Standard with the finish, but the pic doesn't do it justice...

[​IMG]

Spector do a similar "holographic" finish, but the GB one uses smaller "bits" for more of a glitter effect.

Russ :bassist:

19. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
    Carvin also offers a rainbow prismatic finish. In the movie that is (or at least was, I haven't checked) on Carvin's website, it looked to be somewhere between the coarser flecks I think I see on the GB, and the fine grain you see in automotive versions.