1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Chrome Pickups: Chi-Sonics, Dark Stars... ?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by OneMoreRobot, Apr 9, 2010.

1. OneMoreRobot

OneMoreRobot

Jan 23, 2009
    Hi guys,

I'm saving over the summer to build a new bass. It will have a USACG Telecaster shaped body, and I would like chrome pickups in it. The only chrome pickups I know of are Lakland Chi-Sonics and Dark Stars. I am also aware of the Fender Telecaster Bass pickups. I cannot find anywhere that sells Chi-Sonics, and the Fender and Dark Star pickups are really expensive. I mean, if that's all I can find I'll just save up more.

Does anyone know where I can purchase Chi-Sonics? They seem like the best fit for me due to this sound clip:

http://www.lakland.com/multimedia/audio/j-sonic/josonic_reggae_flats_both.mp3

Also, are there any other chrome looking bass pickups?

Thanks,

Noah

2. MarkusBass

MarkusBass

Feb 24, 2008
    California Coast
    Graphic Designer: Lakland
  3. Stealth

Stealth

Feb 5, 2008
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Rickenbacker pickups can be considered "chrome" by looks alone - if you can't shell out for the originals, visually the closest ones are Kent Armstrong's SRK1F and SRK1R.
    Then there's also the GFS NYII (six-poled, yes, but apparently work s for basses too), but how that one sounds, no-one knows - or, rather, my extensive hasn't led to any soundclips.

4. there are lipsticks that fit into OEM Fender Jazz routes.

5. SpamBot

SpamBot

Dec 25, 2008
    St. Paul, MN
    DiMarzio Model One.

6. tubby.twins

tubby.twins Amateur Pickup Reviewer Gold Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Oregon