1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

"Chrome" your bass!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by millsbass5, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Check this out! It's a new, revolutionary way to chrome virtually anything. The steps are astoundingly simple. So, for all you players that's been "jonesing" for that chromed Warwick look? You can do it at home. And, it looks great!

Check it:

2. pumpkinking39

pumpkinking39

Sep 14, 2011
    Thats crazy!!!

3. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    That's awesome! I will be trying that on SOMETHING soon.

4. I wonder how it would do on hardware? It seems it would do okay. But, I won't be takin' the tuning keys and bridge off of my '61 Jazz for a "touch-up" anytime soon......

5. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    That was one of the cooler things I haff seen in a long time.

6. For sure. It's absolutely amazing with all the technology going on these days. I'm gonna try to find out the cost. I'll let you all know if I find anything out about it.

7. Exploiter8

Exploiter8 Demons run when a good man goes to war

Jan 18, 2010
    Midwest
    Commercial FREE!
    I'm hitting the "LIKE" button for this!

8. Rad. I'd do that in a minute! Wonder how long it holds up.

9. exidor

exidor

Jul 10, 2011
    Detroit,MI
    when I was 7 years old my Dad took my brother and me to Florida we drove he had a CB put in the car.he told me to think of a CB handle for my self.I thought for a few hours I wanted something original and to let the truckers know I was serious.I chose
    THE CHROME CORPSE!!!
    dreams do come true,I can now can become the THE CHROME CORPSE!!!
    thanks Jay Lenno.

10. lowendmafia

lowendmafia Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2007
    Sacramento, California
    So... what fretboard wood goes best with Chrome?

11. As a car guy, I highly approve.

12. BassedInSpace

BassedInSpace

Oct 2, 2012
    Illinois
    Chromemember? :eyebrow:

13. JoeWPgh

JoeWPgh

Dec 21, 2012
    That could make for an awesome candy base.

14. Rip Topaz

Rip Topaz

Aug 12, 2005
    Willow Street, PA
    Beta tester for Positive Grid
    I saw a CS 51 P a few weeks back that had this really great red chrome paint job.

Hmm...

15. Nashrakh

Nashrakh

Aug 16, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    Chromeskull? :eyebrow:

16. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

Chrome-Magnon!!

17. khutch

khutch Praise Harp

Aug 20, 2011
    suburban Chicago
    If you read the page above you will find this at the bottom:

Update: Since I posted this article in July of 2010, there’s been an incredible amount of interest in Chrome Solutions. Unfortunately, the company seems to have gone out of business, since I’ve had no luck in tracking down any further information. The closest competitors I could find are Spray On Chrome and Alsa Corporation; for additional information on the products they produce, please contact the companies directly via the above links.

Indeed Jay's friends at www.chromesolutions.de seem to have a totally dead website. The second supplier mentioned above, Alsa Corporation seems to be the more hobbiest friendly of the two. It looks like it could be a fun process to use for many things, I wonder how well it works in the hands of a typical untrained user?

As to which fingerboard goes best which chrome I can only reply that surely you are going to chrome the fingerboard too, aren't you!?

Ken

18. As a car guy, i highly DISAPPROVE.

:)

19. I love how you left a whole lot of wiggle room....because I'm the type that will faux chrome my own shadow...or 'something' heck man this looks like once you start there is no stopping :D