1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Chromes

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by p0k, Mar 13, 2008.

1. p0k

p0k I play the bass and design things.

Feb 6, 2007
    Brockton, MA
    I'm sure this has been talked about before, but i was wonderin g if i would have a problem stringing Chromes through the body on my Tribute L2500...i heard something about some strings getting stuck in there. I'd rather not string through the bridge because of that scary picture of the one where the bridge was pulled off the body!

2. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    The bridge pulling off the body: yeah, that was me;)
    Do not string a Tribute thru the bridge only.

Chromes: dunno, you might have an issue with the B string being too thick. If so, and You just gotta run chromes...you coudl either open up that hole a little...or string E thru G thru the body, and just the B sthru the bridge.

I've not seen recent issue Trib 2500 bridges, but mine *did not* have as many mounting screws as a USA 2500. Thus, the problem.

"Lost In Space Robot, waving arms, shouting: Warning Will Robinson, Danger, Danger!"

3. vroc38

vroc38

Jan 5, 2006
    Seattle
    ??? Both my fairly early USA L2500s only have two bridge mounting screws. Is there another L2500 bridge style that has more?

4. p0k

p0k I play the bass and design things.

Feb 6, 2007
    Brockton, MA
    yeah, my trib only has the 2 screws...thats why i'm worried about going through the bridge. are there any other flats that would be a little lighter gauge on the B that might work betteR?