Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Chroming a Warwick Corvette

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 555, Jan 6, 2005.

1. 555

Jun 21, 2003
    U.K
    Hey all,

Thinking of getting SIMS to convert my soon to get warwick finished in swamp-ash to be converted into a full body chrome finish. Will the finish affect how the bass sounds? I still want the growl that the warwick's are known for if i get the chrome finish.

Thanks! :hyper:

2. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Ive talked to Martin about this and he says it doesnt.

Expect to pay £500 tho.

3. 555

Jun 21, 2003
    U.K
    On the website it says £350 for a mirror body or £200 for a foil tap body.

4. Why not just get a Warwick Chrome Tone?

5. Why not just buy a mirror? They're like 10 bucks for a decent sized one. :smug:

6. 555

Jun 21, 2003
    U.K
    What kind of wood do they have underneath the finish?

I dont like the P/J config, i like J basses or humbuckers :D

*edit*

Silly me! It says its a piece 2 maple body on the website. I am not sure but does maple give a bass growl? :meh: Also dont like the look of the chromed pickups :smug: And the headstock just looks like a piece of tin foil it sitting on the headstock :rollno:

7. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Is your warwick bolt on or NT

8. 555

Jun 21, 2003
    U.K
    Well i haven't got it yet, It's going to be a Warwick Corvette swamp-ash bolt on, if i am not getting it finished in chrome, i am going to get it in burgundy red satin stain finish. If i am getting it chromed up, i am just going to get it natural in swamp-ash.