1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Chuck Loeb...a Belated RIP

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by AudioDwebe, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Chuck has been one of my favorite recording artists for many years and his wife, Carmen Cuesta-Loeb has, to me, one of the best and sexiest voices. He's put out a bunch of records and I first discovered him back when he recorded for DMP.

He's performed both as a solo artist and also as part of a group, most notably with Fourplay for several years.

I was playing one of his CD's this morning and looked him up to see if he's had any new recordings. In the process, I found out that he had passed in July of 2017. This saddens me.

I then came across this intimate home recording of the two. Carmen put it on YouTube following her husband's passing.

HaphAsSard, JimK and flojob like this.
  2. Snaxster

Snaxster

Nov 29, 2008
    “The music scene has suffered a devastating blow,” said bassist and longtime associate Will Lee in an email to JT. “Master guitarist and composer Chuck Loeb was so musical, he was one of those big-eared geniuses that heard the music in everyone and everything around him. Playing with Chuck on so many occasions, I can tell you that he had a way of utilizing my talents to get just what he needed out of me. He was so prolific—writing, producing and arranging for not only his own projects, but those of Carmen Cuesta, his multi-talented wife, daughters Lizzy Loeb and Christina Cuesta Loeb, as well as so many artists to whom he has contributed those talents. May Chuck’s incredible spirit be remembered in his music for all time.”

—from JazzTimes

3. Sad news indeed, I have a number of CDs from Chuck collected over they years working in record/cd/book stores and have always enjoyed his playing.