Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Chuck Rainey on Tour!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by jimmysquid, Feb 27, 2001.

1. jimmysquid

jimmysquid

Jul 5, 2000
    Greetings true believers,

I'm not sure if anyone else has posted on this but I found out yesterday that Chuck Rainey just released a new cd and is touring to support it.

So far there are only a few dates listed. Those can be found on Chuck's site at http://www.chuckrainey.com/cc/index.htm

Chuck has played on millions of albums including Aretha Franklin and Paul Simon. I got familiar with his playing with his incredible parts on Steely Dan albums esp. Aja and the Royal Scam.

As I said there are only a few dates listed right now but one of them is my home Boston where Chuck will be playing on March 24th at Johnny D's over in Somerville. So heads up for any New England bassists!

Peace!

"May God grant that no one slaps loudly while you are trying out gear in a music store!"

2. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    ...what Paul Simon albums? They must've been from the '60s! ;)

I was unaware of Rainey's new solo disc...I have one of his solo cds from waaayyy back(on Cobblestone Records, I think).
    Do you know who else in the band?
    If you're a Rainey fan, Aretha's Young, Gifted, & Black & the Flaclk/Hathaway Where Is The Love? albums are a must(in addition to the Steely Dan records). His playing with Quincy Jones is also stellar(IMO).