1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Chuck Rainey Warrior Bass on Ebay ...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by IotaNet, Mar 30, 2006.

1. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

Monster player

Rob

2. Umm... yeah great player and all. Maybe one of my top 5 of all time.
    But $8000 for a used Warrior??? I don't care if it was his!!
    Maybe his old P Bass, now that would be worth it!!!

3. One of my bass heroes -
    But the cost has too many zeroes -
    At least for a wallet that belongs to me -
    The first of a four digit price can't be higher than a three.

Maybe I can afford the personal letter.....

4. Fawkes007

Fawkes007

Sep 13, 2005
    SF Bay Area
    Remember that Flea StingRay a few months ago? GC was selling it for like $5000.

Entwhistle once said, and I'm paraphrasing, that he didn't think a guitar was worth more money just because someone famous had played or owned it. Of course, his gear commanded a hefty price at auction.

5. well, you never know, there may be a big rainey fan, and the figure might be worth it to him/her

just remember, Eric Clapton's "blackie", an apparently stock strat sold for 959,000

6. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    Scotland
    It was a parts guitar, built from the best bits of (IIRC) six different 50s strats.

7. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Hey, it's probably not much different than what Warrior would charge for it. ;)

I love the pic of him playing it- it's like he's thinking "man, I wish I hadn't bought this- maybe I can sell it...."

8. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    I've seen him do a clinic in ATL at Smith's Olde Bar with that bass, back in the days of the Warrior Gallery. Actually a friend of mine (Andrew Black) performed with him on that clinic gig. That bass sounds really good and prolly has a fair amount of mojo.

I think that Jauqo introduced him to Mike from Adler gtrs... now I think that he plays one of those.

9. ok, then there is also his ES-335 that fetched a hefty sum as well...The point is, if someone is a huge fan, money isn't an issue

10. rashrader

rashrader

Mar 4, 2004
    Baltimore, MD
    If he had used this bass to record "Aja", it would be different story.

11. bannedwit

bannedwit

May 9, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    sweet! nice looking bass

12. orlfl

orlfl

Jul 22, 2005
    Orlando
    He is back to Yamaha's last I saw him.

13. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    I first introduced Chuck to JD Lewis of Warrior instruments and later I introduced him to Mike Adler of Adler custom guitars and yes he use Adlers(he owns three) and Yamaha's.

Here's a pic of him with one of his Adlers