1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Chunk system agent funk

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by HunterBrodt, May 13, 2011.

1. HunterBrodt

HunterBrodt

Aug 24, 2009
    Boise
    I bought one of the chunk systems agent funk pedals right before I made the switch to double bass. What I'm wondering is how these pedals do on the aftermarket. I hardly ever use it so it makes no sense to keep it. Great pedal though. Btw this is not a listing to sell it.

2. $170-200ish

3. klaus486

klaus486

Jun 27, 2009
    portland or
    sales geek Portland Music co.
    I say connect it to your double bass! How could anything bad happen? Step outside the box!

4. They're great pedals for sure, but with cheaper filter options out there (that are also very good pedals) you might have to take a slight hit to move it. Or be really patient for someone to come along that appriciates it's value. A year ago I wanted one so bad I was set to sell my body on the boulevard to get one. Not so much anymore since I was forced to explore cheaper options and have found a very suitable replacement.

5. HunterBrodt

HunterBrodt

Aug 24, 2009
    Boise
    I realize I might need to liquidate it. I would like to get 170 for it.

6. Honestly, there is no alternative to the Agent 00Funk. Not to say that there are no other good filters (I have 3 others) but you won't find another that sounds like it. I've played plenty of filters and no other filter does fat synthy tones like it.

7. Don't forget to add the brown dog. Those pedals were specifically engineered for each other more than any other pedal combo. It should be a crime to own one of those and not the other.

8. Smurf-o-Deth

Smurf-o-Deth ¡No me gustan mis pantalones!

Oct 2, 2007
    The state of denial.
    I take it you've not tried a Xerograph Deluxe, then?

9. Clark Dark

Clark Dark

Mar 3, 2005
    earth
    the original or Mkll ? I read there's a difference.

10. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    Very similar tones. Each can do a couple things the other can't but they cover a lot of the same ground. The Chunk might actually be a bit fatter and more hi-fi/modern sounding but the Xero is smaller, easier to dial in, a bit more versatile and of course can be swept with an expression pedal.