1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Chunk Systems Octavius Squeezer - What is a fair selling price?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Jim C, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Jim C

Jim C Is that what you meant to play or is this jazz? Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Bethesda, MD
    Ended up with a near mint OS in a trade deal.
    I don't use pedals other than compression but had to take this deal to get what I really wanted.
    Best I can tell, there has only one been sold here in the last year.
    This one is near mint; no box or power supply.
    What is the going rate these days?
    TIA

2. Snaxster

Snaxster

Nov 29, 2008
    Hi Jim. In my experience, sales in the TalkBass Classifieds are not representative of the wider world.

To get comps (historical sales or current sale offerings for comparison) of items that could have been sold on the big marketplace websites, do a Google search for the item name plus the name of each marketplace website, one search per website name. Recent sales (even going back a year or so) will be among the top search results there.

For example:

Though you can hold out for more if you're willing to wait a long time, probably you're looking at $350 to $375 before fees for a quick sale to a focused buyer.

3. Jim C

Jim C Is that what you meant to play or is this jazz? Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Bethesda, MD
    Thanks for this excellent advice; I will get this pedal listed this weekend.
    Agreed that $350 - $375 looks to be a real price that units actually sell for

4. Snaxster

Snaxster

Nov 29, 2008
    Good deal, Jim. It was my pleasure.