Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Church Protests at Soldiers’ Funerals

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by KeithBMI, Aug 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9102443/

This is just stupid.

"SMYRNA, Tenn. - Members of a church say God is punishing American soldiers for defending a country that harbors gays, and they brought their anti-gay message to the funerals Saturday of two Tennessee soldiers killed in Iraq"

"The church members carried signs and shouted things such as God hates fags and God hates you."

I don't mean this to be a debate about religion, but some people just take it too far... It was a funeral for crying out loud.

2. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    That is too far. I like how you said members of a church, rather than Christians. Using that name in circumstances like this makes a really bad image for church-goers that would never support such a thing. Truth be told, if they ever read their Bibles, they would know that Jesus would be very unhappy with them for acting like that.

3. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    yeah, the bass-talkers with access to the lounge have read about this. our very own mike money went to counter-protest at a local funeral--and the cowards didn't even show up! :spit:

4. At this point I think Fred Phelp's schitck has crossed the line from being genuinely offensive to just being annoying. Google him sometime and read a bio, you'll see what I mean.

5. Ericman197

Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Iowa
    I don't know how this thread can be allowed here, but I will say that... uh... what the hell are they thinking?

6. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Apparently there a thread in the lounge, so this is closed now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.