Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Church Rig Part 2

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by count_funkula, Mar 22, 2001.

1. I need some suggestions from some of you more experienced guys out there.

I have the following as a Church rig:

Eden WT-300 head
    Fender Jazz Bass
    Soon to have a Ibanez BTB1005 5 string

What are some suggestions for a good cabinet setup for this head and a 5 string bass?

Ideas:

Eden 2x10 and Eden 1x15.
    Eden 2x12.
    Eden 4x10.

Eden is expensive, anything else go good with my head?

Thanks.

2. JimM

JimM

Jan 13, 2000
    Northern California
    It depends on the room.I have played with 15s in churches with high ceilings and cinder block walls and was told that the room was being bombarded with bass.If your room is like that,go with 10s.

It also depends on whether or not you've got good PA support.and whether you have a sound man.and whether he hates bass(they all do,by the way).

Don't laugh,I have play as many churches without a soundman or PA as I have with 'em.

3. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    Id go with the 4x10's, they sound better and fuller than a 2x10 does, and are punchier and clearer than a 15 is. Much more versatile.

4. Will the 4x10 have the lows necessary for the 5 string? Also, what brand? Should I go with Eden?

I have thought about selling the head and the cab and buying one of those big Eden 4x10 400 Watt combos.

Any opinions on that? What is the advantage of buying combo over individual units?

5. jcadmus

jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    Last church gig I did, I used my 2X10 and my 115 -- the 10s really cut through and the 15 really laid it down.

Had to watch the volume, but I find that combination very appealing.

6. extreme

extreme

Mar 20, 2000
    I use an Eden WT-300 with an Eden 210 cab at least once a week at my church and it works great! Another affordable option would be a Bag End S-15D cab...Bass Northwest has 'em for only $399. How big is the room? I play in a very large space and run through a PA, but the amp could easily carry it alone (and sometimes does!).