1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Chutzpah, Exemplified:

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DanielleMuscato, Feb 26, 2008.

1. DanielleMuscato

DanielleMuscato

Jun 19, 2004
    Columbia, Missouri, USA
    Endorsing Artist, Schroeder Cabinets
    Someone I'm in the unfortunate position of suing just emailed me asking for legal advice on an unrelated matter.

I would say that takes some serious balls, except the person in question is a woman.

I'm a little shocked and don't know what to say. Should I tell her (truthfully) that I am not an attorney and wouldn't give her legal advice even if I wanted to? Or should I just say, "Wow, you've got some nerve, huh?"

LOL

2. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    "Due to my pending legal action against you, I am going to have to regretfully decline your request for legal advice"

"Thanks"

:)

3. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    +1....There ya go.

4. Wow, that chick has bigger balls than my Mother in Law.

Literally. ;)

5. ubado

ubado

Mar 7, 2007
    FL

+1 Great advice!

Stay away... don't answer any of her questions. Since you are in a law suit... it's best to have little to do with her without a lawyer.

If you do end up talking with her... it's best tell her what "fenderhuntz" said, and that she should consult her lawyer. If you are in a Single Consent State...tape your conversations.... you never know what might be used against you. Yea, it may seem a bit drastic, but when people are being sued... it brings out the worst in them.

For over the past year... I've been suing my former contractor, and now his subcontractors. It totally sucks... so mentally draining.... as well as being quite expensive. I'm in the postion that I have to speak and meet with the subcontractors due to state/county/city requirements... however I never discuss the lawsuits.

I reached a settlement/agreement with one of the subcontractors... but he didn't want to get a lawyer involved. However I did discuss the terms of the settlement with my lawyer first. He was quite pleased that I was able to reach an agreement without him.

Good luck.

6. Bryan316

Bryan316 Banned

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    Heck... give her BAD advice! Make her screw up so bad, you automatically win your suit over her!

7. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Do NOT give any advice! Especially intentionally deceptive. Fenderhutz is right on the money.

I dunno about your state, but in Alabama she could sue you over erroneous information, with the (slight) possibility of criminal charges if it leads to her harming someone.

8. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    +1

keep it short and operate at arms length.

9. "That's some set o' juevos you got there. Wanna go out sometime?"

99% win. the 1% is the off chance that she really does have a set o' juevos...

....but if she's REEAAAALLY hot...

10. DanielleMuscato

DanielleMuscato

Jun 19, 2004
    Columbia, Missouri, USA
    Thanks, guys. I just told her that I can't give her legal advice because I don't have a license to practice law. This was over email. Missouri is a single-consent state and I already record all my business phone conversations, just in case I need them someday - yay for Zoom H2s and 750gb external hard drives!

11. DanielleMuscato

DanielleMuscato

Jun 19, 2004
    Columbia, Missouri, USA
    Why regretfully? Even if I weren't suing her, I still wouldn't give her advice, because I'm mad at her, aside from the fact that I'm not an attorney. She owes me a lot of money and damned if I'd feel sorry for not being able to do her a favor!

12. Absolutamente!

He has said it all - there is no more to say.

Including the word 'regretfully" is per-lite.

13. No reply at all. Nada, nothing.....etc.
    Josh

14. DanielleMuscato

DanielleMuscato

Jun 19, 2004
    Columbia, Missouri, USA
    In case anyone was interested, part one of the hearing was Tuesday, and I won a judgment by default because she didn't show up for court!

Part two (for the second half of the money) comes in the next few months.

15. Ericman197

Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Iowa
    I don't know if she would really do such a thing to hurt you, but you can get into real legal trouble if you give someone legal advice if you aren't a lawyer. This includes forums! :eek:

16. DanielleMuscato

DanielleMuscato

Jun 19, 2004
    Columbia, Missouri, USA
    Yeah, I said something to that effect in my original post... ah, people... (sigh)