Cigars at weddings

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Vince S., Jul 9, 2008.

1. Vince S.

Vince S. Resident Former Bassist

Jan 24, 2003
    What is the proper etiquette for smoking at a wedding reception? I am going to my cousin's wedding this weekend, and I'm not sure if they'll be handing out cigars. Would it be inappropriate for me to bring a couple of sticks for myself? When is it appropriate to smoke?

2. plexibass

plexibass

Jun 30, 2005
    if you joint the TALKBASS CIGAR CLUB, we feel anytime is the right time!!!!!! :D
    i've never been to a wedding that they gave out cigars. maybe i'm going to the wrong weddings or something:D

3. Slapp Addict

Slapp Addict

May 5, 2008
    Michigan
    Mmmmmm... Cigars...

I still got about 5 cubans in my humi waiting to be lit up. :D

4. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I don't think it's inappropriate to bring your own. There will be more for other people that way. Probably any time during the reception would be okay, though I imagine most people will be smoking after dinner has been served. As a courtesy to others, I bet most will be smoking outside.

5. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Well if you're going to gut your cigar, do so discreetly, and dispose of the innards in a sanitary manner; i.e. a trash can. Roll quickly and use the ring bearer as a steamer. Then you should be good.

Since this is a wedding, if anyone who is part of the actual wedding (bridge, groom, priest, best man, etc) would like to join you, you'd be obligated to share under the age old puff puff pass rule. And, also of course, single brides maids get priority.

:p

:bag:

6. Cerb

Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    Indiana
    Rofl

7. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

I am not sure about weddings but I did light up a great cigar in a funeral parlor once and I was nearly knifed in my ribs. :(

8. steve21

steve21 Inactive

I laffed.

9. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    He wasn't really dead was he?:meh:

10. I always bring some good cigars with me to weddings or any other function for that matter. Chances are you'll find someone to join you outside. I look at is as a good excuse to go outside, away from the crowd and relax :)

11. plexibass

plexibass

Jun 30, 2005
    ok, you need to elaborate on this story!!!!!

12. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    Were they short ribs, baby back ribs, spare ribs, what? Also, if you could include what kind of sauce they had on em, or dry rub, that would be helpful as well...:D

13. plexibass

plexibass

Jun 30, 2005
    my dad makes the best ribs!!!!! that man can grill!!!!

14. MAJOR METAL

Unfortunately he was :(

15. MAJOR METAL

The rules of www.talkbass.com would prohibit me from elaborating in detail on the events of that nite. Lets just say I am glad those walls could not hear ,smell or speak.

16. plexibass

plexibass

Jun 30, 2005
    can ya pm me?!?!? you cant start a story that good and not finish. it just aint right!!!!

17. eedre

eedre

Feb 26, 2007
    St. Louis,MO
    I would assume anytime after the dinner is okay to go have a stogie?

18. Ericman197

Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Iowa
    Ahhh, so there was more than just tobacco in that cigar eh?

19. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    During the reception after dinner would be the best time.

20. Vince S.

Vince S. Resident Former Bassist

Jan 24, 2003
    I'm leaving tonight for it, and I haven't had a chance to stop by the tabbaconist's:meh:

I have a few Fuente Cigarillos I'll probably bring along, but I hope they're giving them out too.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021