Cigars for everybody...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Hategear, Sep 3, 2001.

1. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin honor of my most recent purchase -- a Peavey Firebass II! I tried this amp out a few years back, but couldn't afford the thing. More recently, I got a good quote on one, but still couldn't quite afford it. Today, my local guitar supermarket had a Labor Day sale and I just couldn't say no to the rock-bottom price. I have 7 days to fiddle with it, but so far, it looks like a keeper! I can't wait until my next gig, so I can see how she bellers with both of my cabs plugged into it!

With that said, here's a rundown on my new current rig, as of today: A Fender P-Bass (with a Gotoh 201 bridge and DiMarzio pickups), a Boss ODB-3 Overdrive pedal, my new Peavey Firebass II, a Sonic 6x10 and finally, a Peavey 1x15. I am now totally "self-sufficient" and no longer have to run through my guitarist's crap PA unless I want to. Now, if only the rest of my band would follow my lead...

EDIT: Before anyone has to ask -- yes, I am over-compensating for a deficiency. :D
  2. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Awesome dude!

Sounds like you are ready to rock. I hope it works as well in live conditions. :)
  3. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    Sounds good, I love my Peavey rig. I run my Peavey Firebass II 700, with a 115BXBW, and 410TXF.

I hope you like the rig as much as I like mine. I could help you out with some of my settings I use with it... If you need any, just IM me on AIM or whichever. Congrats though. :)
  4. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    Yeah, Dave Siff said he had saw someone who was using one live, and he said he really liked the tone they got. So, I'm guessing it'll sound great. I've never really played a show with mine yet.

Congrat's again though, on the new head, hategear. :)