1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

CIJ 62 reissue P-bass neck & HB3 tuners??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by OXploiter, Jun 30, 2007.

1. OXploiter

OXploiter

Aug 1, 2006
    I recently got a replacement 62 reissue P-bass neck (serial# R 05 9316), and was wanting to install a set of Hipshot HB3 vintage tuners on there. I ran into some trouble as the existing holes in the headstock are too small for the bushings for the HB3. In fact, the holes in the bushings are exactly the same size as the existing holes in the headstock (9/16", I believe.)

So my question is two-fold:

1.) Did I really receive a "62 reissue" neck? From what I know, the HB3 was supposed to be a "direct fit" for this neck.

2.) If it is a 62 reissue neck, which of the Hipshot vintage tuners should I get then? It seems that I have received some bad advice about this. Was I supposed to manually enlarge the existing holes to accomodate the HB3??

Thanks guys.

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021