Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

CIJ '62 Stack Knob Jazz w/matching headstock

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Jugghaid, Sep 27, 2005.

1. Jugghaid

Jugghaid

Jun 28, 2002
    Denver, CO, USA
    This is a really unique bass. I can't really verify it's pedigree. When I bought it I was told that it's a MIJ Custom shop bass, but I can't really verify there even is (or was) a Japan Custom Shiop for Fender.

What I can tell you is this:

This is the best Fender Jazz I've ever owned. It's a '62 stack knob, it has the vintage cloth covered wiring, reverse tuners, it's bugundy mist with a matching headstock and a mint PG. Whiever I got it from also put a neck plate on it which I think is from an original '62 Jazz (sn# 58983). The neck is stamped July of 2002. This thing plays like butter and sounds absolutely incredible. It has 2 small dings on it on the bottom of the body that are not visible when playing it. Other than that it's in really really great shape.

Since I have no idea what it really is other than a kick ass Japanese Fender, I pricing it based on the player value of the bass and the quality of the instrument. It absolutely slays and of the MIA Jazz basses I've owned. $700 obo. That will include a new TKL hardshell case and shipipng to the lower 48.

The only reason I'm selling it is I'm almost exclusively playing 5 string these days and I still have 6 4 stringers.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Please PM me thru TB for any questions or offers.

2. Jugghaid

Jugghaid

Jun 28, 2002
    Denver, CO, USA
    Sold.

3. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    if something falls through on this.... please let me know!

P@

4. Aj*

Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Wow, fastest sale ever? Damn, I might've lowballed you :p.

5. Hey pm - this one just called out to me (not like that hasn't happened before :D ) and I just pulled the trigger....it just looks like it plays great if you know what I mean. That being said, because of my poor history with jazz basses (i.e. not keeping them)....I got a Lakland DJ4 last week and had it sold to Tommix within three hours of opening the box...like I said...stand by....you've got first dibs...

6. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO

thanks jazz... that is a cool looking bass, please keep me in mind!

P@

7. Hey pm - will do - the jazz arrives on Friday and I should know in short order whether or not she's for me....if not I'll contaxct you first before posting up here...thanks.

8. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    thanks for the notice Jazz.... but as I said in my PM, it isn't to be for me this time! Here is a free bump...

P@

9. jnightmare

jnightmare

May 12, 2004
    Carson, CA
    how much?

10. $625 shipped to your door w/new TKL hardshell case...

11. todd 4ta

todd 4ta

Apr 3, 2003
    Indiana
    If there is a line forming, I would like to take my place.

PM sent.

12. All e-mails replied to.

Todd - stand by...you're #3 right now but let's see what happens.

Just to clarify - I bought this bass from Jugghaid whose aware that I'm reselling here (and am a Supporting Member :)

13. Jugghaid

Jugghaid

Jun 28, 2002
    Denver, CO, USA
    Absolutely, and he's a great guy to deal with. Plus this is a killer bass. :)

14. SOLD!!! THANKS TODD!!!! :bassist: