1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Cimar p/j bass, how old?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TeBeStudio, Dec 28, 2017.

1. TeBeStudio

TeBeStudio

Dec 28, 2017
    Hi. Is there anyone in here that can take a "wild" guess on this bass? Bought this one recently. The previous owner is not with us anymore. The only thing i know is that someone remember him using this bass in 1983-84. There is no stamps on the pots or anywhere else. Only "made in japan" on the neck plate. I think its 100% original. Its solid wood. Its not one piece. There is at least 2 pieces of wood I believe. The shape of this thing is stunning. Even the gigbag it came with is screaming vintage! Nice if someone could fill in some info:)

2. Tvrtko

Tvrtko

Dec 27, 2002
    South of the USA
    In 1970s the very same bass came out as Cimar, Aria, Greco and other brands. I had one of those. Wood is incredible. But pick ups were crap Epicentar.

3. TeBeStudio

TeBeStudio

Dec 28, 2017
    I will try it on my ampeg when I get back from my holidays. Until then I have no idea of sound/pickups. Hopefully there might be good options when it comes to replacing them?