1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

circa '85 Alembic Series I 6-string bass!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RickC, Nov 6, 2013.

1. RickC

RickC Gold Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2005
    well, you don't see one of these everyday :eek:

I stopped in at Music Go Round in Natick MA last night and this beast greeted me. They were dating it at 1985. Pretty nice shape, had the original case, power supply and cable. Not as heavy as you might think, but the string spacing was ridiculously small. Probably a deal breaker for me - well, that and the price :). Still, it sounded pretty freakin great.

No affiliation with Music Go Round, just thought this was too cool and rare not to post here

0080371_0.

2. phishaholik

phishaholik Supporting Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Makes my hands itch for a pick! Sweet bass!

Michael

3. RickC

RickC Gold Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2005
    Oh yeah, I totally went for the pick. Fingerstyle was very tricky.

/rick

4. Jaco Taco

Jaco Taco

Jul 30, 2012
    Rocking! I have 2 6-strings and the string spacing on them is 14mm so this looks right up my alley. I'm sure the price is gnarly though. What were they asking for it?

5. Any idea how much they want for this bass? I'm itching.

6. LeonD

LeonD Supporting Member

I was thinking the same thing. Seeing my current six string is at 14mm, this could be a distant relative.

Did you get a price Rick?

7. jim777

jim777 Tarantula Lobbyist

Aug 7, 2006
    South Jersey
    That's not a bad price for that, I don't think. With this exposure it might be gone by Saturday

8. Dluxe

Dluxe

Jan 9, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Very nice! Looks to be an 85 from what I could see of the serial number. The first 2 digits are the year and it is impressed on the end of the fingerboard.

9. That's very cool. At 14mm, it makes me wonder if this Alembic was previously owned by Gerald Veasley.