Cirrus 5 noise in pickups help!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by hondo8671, Sep 3, 2004.

1. hondo8671

Apr 22, 2004
    pluged mine in today and when i cranked it up there is a wierd
    crackle that goes on and off in about 3 second intervals . i checked amp ,changed cords,wierd stuff! maybe its low batts. any help!!! :crying:
  2. Matt Morgan

Matt Morgan Fellow Conspirator Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2001
    Plano, TX
    Drop in new batteries! I've owned 4 different Cirrus and it sounds like low batteries to me. Mine would make similar "scratchy" noises and the eq was noticeably less functional.
    It's also a cheap and quick fix. If that's not the problem, at least you've eliminated it as a possibility.
    Just my thoughts.
  3. hondo8671

Apr 22, 2004
    Thanx i will check it ! oh buy the way also it sounded flat threw my amp! it didnt sound the same! :meh:
  4. Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    definitely something cirrus is dead silent. Very nice electronics in these basses. If the battery change doesn't fix it, let us know.
  5. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    IIRC, that is what mine did when the batteries went down, and it was just a short matter of time before the bass was totally dead, no output whatsoever.

I will also second that normally those basses are totally quiet.
  6. I've had a similar experience with my Cirrus. I put in some new batteries and everything was fine.
  7. that is the same thing my cirrus does when the batteries die, put some new duracell or energiser ones (don't go with the cheapies, get some extended life ones) and it should come back to life. if not then it is probably time for a check up.
  8. hondo8671

Apr 22, 2004
    Thanx guys! it was low batts. put in duracells ! its jammin again! :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist:
  9. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Cool! Glad to hear your Cirrus is OK.:bassist: