Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cirrus 6 Opinions

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Humblerumble, Jul 9, 2004.

1. Humblerumble

Humblerumble

Feb 22, 2004
    VA.
    I have a Cirrus 6 that plays great, sounds great and is overall a wonderful instrument. The problem is that I never use the high C string. It is pretty much useless for me. Should I risk getting rid of a great bass to try to find the same thing in a five? I'm afraid that I won't find one that I like as much as this one. The sixth string just complicates things when playing, that along with the Cirrus' string width when jumping back and forth from my Spector 5 throws me off sometimes. :meh:

2. VS

VS

Jun 6, 2002
    Mountain City, Tennessee
    Discounted Gear: Peavey
    Well,it's just a matter of preference really. If it bothers you too much to truly enjoy it,send it along. Many people are seeking Cirrus' right now,although I would never sell mine. The Cirrus truly is a wonderful instrument. Keep us updated,if you do sell it,put it in the Talkbass classifieds. Someone will snatch it up there. -Luke

3. Schwinn

Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    I feel the same way about 6 strings...just don't have a need for the C string unless I was doing a project playing chords....5 strings is perfect for me.

I would sell it and use that money for a Cirrus 5. Or if you are lucky you will find someone who will do an even trade and save some of the hassle. I was lucky to trade a fretless for a fretted recently. I threw in some cash to even up the trade. It was nice to turn two transactions into one.

4. Humblerumble

Humblerumble

Feb 22, 2004
    VA.
    Yes I was thinking along those same lines.

5. Fliptrique

Fliptrique

Jul 22, 2002
    Szczecin, Poland
    Endorsing Artist: Mayones Guitars&Basses, Taurus Amplification
    if the c string gets in your way, but you love the bass... take it of!

my teacher have done it some years back, and was happy ever after:) right now my sixer doesn`t have the c string on it either, due to the fact that my main gig is rock/blues band, i detune half step down and don`t really move beyond the 1rst position :)