1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Cirrus 6 Opinions

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Humblerumble, Jul 9, 2004.

1. Humblerumble

Humblerumble

Feb 22, 2004
    VA.
    I have a Cirrus 6 that plays great, sounds great and is overall a wonderful instrument. The problem is that I never use the high C string. It is pretty much useless for me. Should I risk getting rid of a great bass to try to find the same thing in a five? I'm afraid that I won't find one that I like as much as this one. The sixth string just complicates things when playing, that along with the Cirrus' string width when jumping back and forth from my Spector 5 throws me off sometimes. :meh:

2. VS

VS

Jun 6, 2002
    Mountain City, Tennessee
    Discounted Gear: Peavey
    Well,it's just a matter of preference really. If it bothers you too much to truly enjoy it,send it along. Many people are seeking Cirrus' right now,although I would never sell mine. The Cirrus truly is a wonderful instrument. Keep us updated,if you do sell it,put it in the Talkbass classifieds. Someone will snatch it up there. -Luke

3. Schwinn

Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    I feel the same way about 6 strings...just don't have a need for the C string unless I was doing a project playing chords....5 strings is perfect for me.

I would sell it and use that money for a Cirrus 5. Or if you are lucky you will find someone who will do an even trade and save some of the hassle. I was lucky to trade a fretless for a fretted recently. I threw in some cash to even up the trade. It was nice to turn two transactions into one.

4. Humblerumble

Humblerumble

Feb 22, 2004
    VA.
    Yes I was thinking along those same lines.

5. Fliptrique

Fliptrique

Jul 22, 2002
    Szczecin, Poland
    Endorsing Artist: Mayones Guitars&Basses, Taurus Amplification
    if the c string gets in your way, but you love the bass... take it of!

my teacher have done it some years back, and was happy ever after:) right now my sixer doesn`t have the c string on it either, due to the fact that my main gig is rock/blues band, i detune half step down and don`t really move beyond the 1rst position :)