Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cirrus 6 Price Check

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Sock Justice, May 14, 2003.

1. Once again I need to call upon the great knowledge bank that is Talkbass.

I've hooked up with a guy locally that is selling a peavey cirrus 6, with very minimal playing wear, and slight oxidation on some of the hardware. He's thinking around $800 for it and the standard Peavey case. He says it's a 2000 model.

So, how about it? Deal, or no deal? Any Peaveyites, or anyone else who knows what these things go for used, feel free to chime in.

Thanks for any input you guys have.

-Dave

2. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

$800 for a peavey cirrus with case? if you don't buy it I will:ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

3. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    Sock justice hm?

You'll have to catch me first!

P.S.- Yeah that sounds like a good deal to me.

4. I'll put that in the "deal" column. I have to say, I'm less than afeared of your ninjas. The evil kittie is getting to me, though.

-Dave

5. What have you been up to, sock scum?...wait a second...where were you last friday night, around midnight? There was another murder at the pier, and something about it didn't smell right...geez, they don't have an interrogation smiley, OR a police brutality one. Our technology really is limited.

-Dave

6. Goofiness aside, any other opinions? I feel like I might be losing a bit of my nerve. I'm one of those weirdos that has trouble spending money.

-Dave

7. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    I love my cirrus to death... I couldn't ask for a better playing, feeling, sounding bass for the money.

8. Schwinn

Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    That's a good deal, Dave. I've spent a couple of weeks pricing Cirrus' and most used 5 strings are going for a shade less than $800 (that is around $750). So for a 6 string, I think $800 is a fair price. You'd be saving over $500 compared to buying one new.

9. kp_funk

kp_funk

Jun 9, 2003
    hey is that Cirrus gone yet? If not where can I find it?

10. Guessing it probably sold, maybe a few times by now, more than 4 years later..........

11. kp_funk

kp_funk

Jun 9, 2003
    Oh snap...I just saw this thread now. Well I'm still looking for a used Peavey Cirrus 6 for around that price. Any suggestions?

12. Keep an eye on ebay. The 6 string Cirri occationally go for about that price.