1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cirrus BXP 5/Glockenlang 3 band

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by MSIMSBASS, Mar 16, 2008.

1. MSIMSBASS

MSIMSBASS

Nov 25, 2007
    Hey Just picked up this bass, and it's great!! Great feel,sound, and price. Just curious to what you guys
    think about the Glock 3 band. Thinking about upgrading
    just for kicks and not b/c the existing preamp is bad it's
    actually very good. Any thoughts?

2. yugo

yugo

Mar 28, 2006
    no thoughts

3. no thoughts

4. BassOthunder

BassOthunder

Mar 3, 2004
    allthough I love the preamp in my bxp 4, if i had the money for a glockenklang preamp I would be unskrewing the backplate right now.

5. MyUsernameHere

MyUsernameHere ?????????????

Nov 3, 2007
    Lexington KY
    Have you thought about upgrading to a US Cirrus custom shop (US Millennium) pre. Probably cheaper than the Glock and it'll makes a HUGE difference.

6. MSIMSBASS

MSIMSBASS

Nov 25, 2007
    Haven't really thought about the other Peavey preamp. I don't doubt that it's good, but
    it's something about a different brand preamp in a bass that give it an edge IMO. The
    Glock 3 band is not that expensive at $160 from bestbassgear.com. But the existing preamp is great. Just wanna see if the glock can make my Cirrus greater.