Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

cirrus bxp anyone?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by anomalybass, Oct 19, 2004.

1. I just saw the new cirrus bxp's on the peavey website today. Has anyone had a chance to play one of these yet? I'm not sure how long they've been out, I've been a little out of the loop lately. I'm looking for a mid-priced frettless right now, and if these are anything like the the cirrus 5 I have, I definately want one. The only difference I can see is the bridge isn't as good of quality, and they're imports(prob mass produced). Anyone have any input?

2. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Oh yeah, I've tried out that new search button. Its speed and reliability as well as its ease of use astounds me. You should definetly try it. Those search buttons kick arse.

3. Mel Monihan

Mel Monihan

Mar 30, 2004
    I have been in touch with my local Peavey dealer, and he says that Peavey is not shipping any of these Korean made basses right now.I wanted to try one also.The rep would not give a reason, but there are none on the way to any of the dealers at this point. Keep me posted though, I am as curious as you are.

4. I have a Grind BXP MIK, not the piece of trash Grind NTB. I think the Cirrus BXP is also MIK since it appears to share the same bridge type my Grind does. All BXP models include on-board, active three-band EQ with bass/variable mid/treble boost and cut, two internally active VFL pickups, dual-compression finger bridge, 18 Volt low impedance output and 24 frets. In other words, I believe, the same electronics the MIA Cirrus does. As for my MIK Grind, the fit, finish and playability is excellent for the price range. I will definitely invest in one of the Cirrus BXP 5 strings.

Also, they are available at Music123.com
    http://www.music123.com/Peavey-Cirrus-5-BXP-i145827.music?t=1

5. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    Ummm, no they're not ("available" as in now or soon, that is). They all say "notify me" regarding availability, and the 1/3 that actually has a date on it is December 30.

6. Thanks for the correction.

7. i guess that means i kick ass.

robb.

8. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Not that I'm happy about it, of course. :)

A friend is a Peavey dealer here in town, whom I've done a bunch of general business with (Peavey and other) I'm tryin' to bug him about it. I've also met the local Peavey rep and I'm going to see if I can put a little pressure on him as well... like to maybe get a sample or at least play a pre-release sample/teaser model.

9. I'm pursuing that possibilty as well. We can at least hope, I believe.... :bassist: Good luck on your end.....

10. Well you ARE in Peavey country! (Meridian, MS) :smug:

11. dude. i'm up in it.

actually, i work for peavey, which is how i got my hands on a BXP. the satin finish on everything makes my day. even the hardware is satin gold.

originally i'm from michigan, though, so don't expect a southern accent from me (unless it's a fake one). i'm told i do pretty well with it, though.

robb.

12. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    ...I hate you... ;)

13. I just got an email from Peavey artist relations offering a 5 string at a very good price direct. I was hoping for a sample so I could evaluate it. I travel in a Country Gospel trio on the weekends... I can continue to dream.... :bassist: