Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

cirrus BXP on the gig -- action shots!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by robb., Jul 27, 2004.

1. i played a gig last saturday, my first with the new cirrus BXP. i love it. i'm not wearing a peavey shirt, though. it's from a band called papa vegas. i miss them. they were great.

robb.

2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Sorry I missed that man, I got to get over there to one of your gigs before college kicks back up.

3. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    Now the obvious question:

How does it sound compared to the Cirrus USA ?

4. hondo8671

hondo8671

Apr 22, 2004

second that!! :bassist:

peavey cirrus 5
    cort carbow 5
    dean Q6

5. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND

Hey, I wanna know too. Fill us in!!! :confused:

6. wow. it's been a while since i've played a USA cirrus, so maybe i should wait until i can get my hands on one. this bass sounds pretty bright, but still warm and articulate.

it's quite versatile. i can get a great, cutting funk fingerstyle tone by boosting the bass a little and rolling over to the bridge pickup. i also like to get a thick, P tone by rolling to the neck pickup and cutting highs and high mids. don't cut the high mids for a nice, grinding pick tone.

i haven't ever sounded unlike what i want to in rehearsal or on the gig this weekend. on the other hand, sometimes i didn't have the right, cutting tone from my plywood P bass.

overall i like it, but i'll try to play a USA cirrus for comparison.

robb.