Cirrus BXP

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lambofgod814, Sep 7, 2005.

1. Has anyone played a Cirrus BXP
    i was looking at them and they are cheaper than the Schecter i was looking at and i am considering buying the cirrus instead

anyone who has any experience with them, please share it

Thanks in advance, J
  2. csholtmeier

Feb 8, 2004
    omaha, ne
    Peavey's website is down due to Katrina. I don't know how the hurricane is going to affect distribution to retailers. The site shows they have a darkwood 5'er in stock for $600. Every other place I checked is out of stock. Peavey is taking their time rolling this one out, and I think the recent unfortunate events along the Gulf Coast are going to delay shipments even longer.
  3. I actually bought a Cirrus BXP Darkwood from Sam Ash, before I bought my Spector. When it arrived at Sam Ash, it had four cracks in the top. I didnt like the BXP. I thought it looked and felt a little plain. This is not the $1300 model, and there is a difference, as well there should be for the extra money. The upper models are very nice basses. I did not find much comparison in the BXP. I would stick with the Schecter.
  4. csholtmeier

Feb 8, 2004
    omaha, ne
    That's the first review I heard on the Ciruus BXP. Subpar build quality? That's disappointing. I was very interested in this model.

I recently had the oppurtunity to talk with John Campbell about his basses (not in-depth, I was super drunk). He's really loving his USA Milleniums, so I went and tried one. Great sound and playability, the one I tried had super low action with no buzzes right off the rack. I also like how they are more aggressive sounding than the Cirrus.
  5. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    If you look in the reviews section you will find my review on the Cirrus BXP. I also had a thread on it as well. Just search on my user name. Overall they are nice basses, I had the quilt top version. However I did get rid of it and stuck with Cirrus Bolt-On model which is a much nicer bass.