Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

cirrus flood on ebay!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by allan grossman, Nov 3, 2001.

1. Looks like it's a buyer's market if you're looking for a Cirrus - here's what I found:

New to eBay? I strongly suggest using an escrow service like tradenable to insure you get what you pay for - at 4% of the purchase price it's a good way to insure things go smoothly.

Happy bidding!

allan

2. rickreyn

rickreyn

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    Check out the red Cirrus. The write-up says "perfect" and "mint" but there are at least two gouges on the back and wear around the knobs.

3. <b>rickreyn said...</b>

Check out the red Cirrus. The write-up says "perfect" and "mint" but there are at least two gouges on the back and wear around the knobs.

<hr>
    Yeah, saw that. I'm not too sure about the knob wear, though - I see the same kind of distortion around the neck pickup. Maybe, maybe not. The gouges on the back are definitely not "mint condition", though :rolleyes:

cheers,

allan

4. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Are you sure those are imperfections or merely lighting artifacts? Looks like lighting to me... there's a symmetry to the two "gouges", probably two long flourescent lights.

5. rickreyn

rickreyn

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    A simple e-mail to the seller would clear this up. I vote for gouge, but as always, I could be wrong.

6. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Looks like lights to me, too. Red and black trans finishes tend to reflect light more, IME.

7. Yep - a simple email would clear it up.

Maybe y'all are right - it'd be a little silly to claim something was mint after someone ran a rototiller over it.

Oh, well - caveat emptor.

allan

8. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    I like the blue one. The reserve is probably higher that I would want to pay and I already own a Cirrus. Still, that blue just does something for me.

9. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Gouges or not, something is refracting light there.

Imperfections in the urethane, possibly ???

I was just handling one was last night with an oil finish. They aren't very big sticks but the body is verrrry nice!

10. Allan_G, thank you for extolling the greatness of tradenable.com! I've used that service a number of times, and I find the peace of mind well worth the fee. Besides, since it benefits both buyer and seller, I split it in my auctions. Some people have very strong negative reactions to it, though. I wonder why...

I kinda wish it wasn't so much a buyer's market - I may sell my walnut/wenge fretless 6 in the not-too-distant future. It's a GREAT bass, but i want to trade up to the ultimate fretless - an NS Design CR4M electric upright bass!

To all who may be interested in a Cirrus - I firmly believe that they represent some of the best value on the bass market today. I would highly recommend them to virtually anyone. They do frighten Fender snobs, though....

11. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    I own a Fender Jazz and the Cirrus didn't frighten me one bit! I'm not a snob though and I now own a Cirrus. :)

12. phogchris

phogchris www.scarsoflife.com

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
  13. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Same here... then again, he did say "snob".

14. hujo

hujo

Apr 18, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden

man, that one looks sweet. if i didn't have to pay as much as i would pay for the bass itself in shipping, i'd buy it. When it comes to bass-buying, i really hate living in Sweden. A new cirrus lists for around 2500 dollars. *sob*

15. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    Yes, he did!:)

16. patrickj

patrickj

Aug 13, 2001
    Baltimore, MD

specular reflection of 2 tube flourescent lights

the 2 darker inner layers of the neck give it away

<- 3d art/design major :)

17. patrickj

patrickj

Aug 13, 2001
    Baltimore, MD
    and around the knobs.. jpeg artifacts (bring it into photoshop and zoom)