1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cirrus & Millennium Users

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by smogg, Apr 1, 2009.

1. smogg

smogg

Mar 27, 2007
    NPR, Florida
    I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell
    Do you still use stock cirrus strings or something else?
    I currently use D'addario XL nickel rounds but thinking of going back to stock strings. Not sure if DR nickel low riders are worth the extra $15 a set as I seem to go through strings quickly regardless of brand.
    Your input would be appreciated.
    Thanks, smogg

2. bottomzone

bottomzone

Oct 21, 2005
    As far as sound goes, I haven't tried anything better than the Cirrus strings. Elixirs do sound decent and last longer.

A Groove is a Terrible Thing to Waste! :cool:

3. Well Right now I have the DR lowriders on my Cirrus 5 and I have to admit, being a player that eats through strings pretty quickly as well they don't hold up that great(but everything else I've played holds up about the same). they do sound great though. Now as far as value goes I was using Everly B-52's for a while because they sounded great out of the box and didn't really need much break in time, they're great strings for slap and not bad on the pocket book, the low b however tapers down to something like a 55 and causes you to have to raise your bridge saddle WAY up and also seems to be a problem spot for breakage. I didn't dislike the strings you currently use, and the elixers i had did sound good but weren't really my cup of tea so I've only played on set, I really dislike the rotosounds I've tried, even tried some Smith Bass strings a while back and ended up changing those before a months time. On my frettless' I swear by D'addario Chromes flats cuz they sound amazing!! and are by far the most comfortable strings I have ever played but I've never tried um on the Cirrus.

4. Showdown

Showdown Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    +1

I tried a bunch of different strings on my Peavey G (Cirrus pickup/preamp) and the Cirrus strings sounded best to me.