Cirrus Owners: Battery Cover Glued On?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ian_Currie, Mar 9, 2002.

1. Hi,

I'm a couple hours away from my first gig with my new Cirrus and while the batteries aren't dead, I thought I'd change them to be safe.

I removed the two screws from the small black plate, but it seems the cover is either wedged in there very tight or glued on. I've tried various tools trying to pry it off. I'm getting worried. I've scratched up the plate somewhat already and I'm terrified of damaging/scratching the wood. Anyone else have this problem? Any tips or ideas?

2. Nevermind... I finally pried the thing out. It was wedged in good...
  3. 5not4

Sep 7, 2000
    Flint, MI
    Maybe you could take some sandpaper and sand down the edges of the cover a little bit. You don't want to have to go through this routine with the cover everytime you change the batteries and especially if you're on a gig and it needs to be done quickly.

Use a very fine sandpaper and hold the cover perpendicular to the sandpaper. Sand off just a little at a time around the edges until the cover can be removed easily. You might also be able to use a hobby knife like an X-ACTO but I would think the sandpaper would be better.
  4. or use a razor blade and try to get it wedged in between the cover and the bass.

Or you can always attach a handle on the battery cover so that you can just pull it off next time! ;)
  5. Wxp4759cb

Nov 23, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    Yeah, its on really tight on mine too.