Cirrus Owners - Quick Question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ian_Currie, Mar 8, 2002.

1. Hi,

I'm a new Cirrus owner and I just went to fasten the straplocks onto a strap and .... was stumped! How the heck do these things fasten onto the strap?

I'm familiar with strap locks as I have guitars equipped with them - usually the part that attaches to the strap unscrews so you can re-screw it togther through the strap, but the Cirrus ones are different. It doesn't seem to unscrew.

If someone can talk me through this, I'd appreciate it as I'm playing a gig Saturday night and was hoping to use it...

2. Wxp4759cb

Nov 23, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I remember that it comes apart somehow. I don't have my Cirrus with me, but I'll try and check tommorow. (Actually its 12:29a.m., so I guess I'll check later today! ;) )
  3. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Remove the snap ring(clip) from the straplock (flat screwdriver works for this). Also remove the washer that is held on by the snap ring. Stick the lock through the strap, slip the washer on, and then the clip (you might need a pliers to snap it back into place.)

It is very simple to do actually. Let me know if you get it figured out. Hope I was of some help.
  4. Ahhh... didn't realize the clip snapped off.

Couldn't do it with a flathead, but with a pair of needlenose pliers in each hand, I got the job done. :)

Thanks again!