Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cirrus Soundclips??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by boomerang, Aug 1, 2002.

1. boomerang

boomerang Guest

Dec 9, 2001
    Canada
    Im in the market for a new bass and A bubinga/walnut cirrus 4 has popped up at a decent price. After reading all the cirrus posts on this site, I've come to beleive the cirrus has its own distinct tone. Then it struck me, I have no clue what this tone sounds like.

Since this site has a cirrus cult following, could some of you owners please post soundclips of your cirrus. I'd like to know the wood combo and different pickup configuration as well. thanks in advance.

-boomer

2. uglybassplayer

uglybassplayer

Aug 24, 2001
    New Jersey
    I guess it's time to reinstall the 'ol version of "n-track" on my laptop. I have a Redwood/Alder five... I'll try to put something up in the next day or two.

BTW, Rick Reyn has a Bubinga/Walnut 5 string. He also has an audio clip of Gospel player Maurice Fitzgerald also playing a Bubinga Cirrus

Here's his website: http://home.tampabay.rr.com/rrrrrrrr/my_bass_page.htm

Peace,

- Frank.

3. boomerang

boomerang Guest

Dec 9, 2001
    Canada
    Thanks for the link, I've been to the site before but never noticed the soundclip. The cirrus sounds mighty fine. Anyone else have soundclips or recordings featuring the cirrus?

4. Listen

Listen

May 19, 2002
    There are a few songs
    here

From my experience, all I can say is the Cirrus is awesome...

5. uglybassplayer

uglybassplayer

Aug 24, 2001
    New Jersey
    Here ya go Boomerang... Here's a short lullaby I just threw together on my Cirrus...

Lullabye

[​IMG]

Redwood/Alder Cirrus 5 (Both pickups... Bass, Mid & Treble set flat) --> SansAmp BDDI (Blend and Drive all the way down, Bass, Treble & Presence set at 12 o'clock) --> soundcard on IBM Laptop. Software was n-Track Studio v3.05.

Other stuff you might want to know: Peavey Cirrus strings (They've been on the bass a little over 3 months). I added a touch of reverb to the final mix. Other than that, everything was set flat on the bass, the SansAmp and the software. The MP3 is 1.48 meg (192 Kbit/sec).

Peace,

- Frank.

6. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville

AWWW.... how sweeeeeeeeeeeeet :D.. good sound.. a bit much on the reverb side.. but thats ok.. it is a lullabye

7. rickreyn

rickreyn

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    fgenus...

I listened to your Lullaby at about 12:15 am while reading the thread. Very effec...yawn...tive...yawn. Goodnight.

Very nice work.:)

8. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    You can stream a couple of video clips of Bill Dickens using his Cirrus 6-string at his website
    www.billthebuddhadickens.com
    although the streaming there sometimes takes forever. He also uses one in his two new instructional videos.

9. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
  10. boomerang

boomerang Guest

Dec 9, 2001
    Canada
    Thanks alot fgenus, I just woke up but im feeling especially tired after hearing that..

the bass sounds really good, especially for not having fresh strings. I'm not totally sold on the cirrus sound quite yet, but it turns out a used bubinga/walnut 5 turned up locally so I'll just have to go and try one out to decide for myself.

Ill try to check out the buddha videos, im on a 56k so it might be a struggle, the link is appreciated tho.

11. uglybassplayer

uglybassplayer

Aug 24, 2001
    New Jersey
    Not sure if that's a compliment or a putdown :eek: ;)

I really do need to put some new strings on though :(

- Frank.